Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Monthly Lab Reports

We would like the ability to print incomplete and completed lab requests/results on a monthly basis for follow up with our patients. Many patients do not go and we need to track that. We log everything into a log book now so if we could print a report from PF we could eliminate the log book.

We would need one report for requested and one for completed. Or one report showing complete and incomplete.

44 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ms Karrin Campbell shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dr Cory Annis commented  · 

My medical malpractice vendor, most insurance companies and the Fed want me to attest to having a system that allows me to close the loop on EVERY order I generate. It is a part of every quality audit i've gone through for 10 years! When I initiate an order in PF, and the results are integrated back into PF, why on earth can I not generate a list of what orders have not yet been reconciled? Why am I using a paper note book in the 21st century?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Is there a way to run a report on labs ordered for the month?

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be great to have an ongoing list of labs that have not been completed so that we can followup with patients on why they have not gone for their labs in a timely fashion. This workflow is not only good medical practice but it would be helpful for many of us that are trying to become PCMH certified.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Since we can create a list of referrals under the system it should be an easy fix to create a "list of lab orders". This would be a very helpful tool for tracking patience for compliance and making sure lab reports are received in a timely fashion.

• Dr Julie Konowitz-Sirkin commented  · 

I agree with Miriam Sam. We are working to achieve PCMH recognition and this is one of the requirements. We must have the ability to generate a report tracking that all lab and imaging orders have been completed . When the result comes in, the order should be automatically checked off that result was received. We need a report of completed orders and a report of uncompleted orders generated every month.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be helpful to have a report to run and see which patients did not have testing done or results have not come back from the lab and imaging orders in the system.

• MMA commented  · 

Very important. This will prevent missing labs.

• Mrs Miriam Sam commented  · 

This is a requirement.
    We must have the ability to generate a report tracking that all lab and imaging orders have been completed .
    When the result comes in, the order should be automatically checked off that result was received .
    We need a report of completed orders and a report of uncompleted orders generated every month.

• Ms Jodi Metz commented  · 

Agreed. We just integrated with lab ordering and am surprised not to be able to print a requisition list for a specified time frame. There is no other way to ensure the labs that are ordered are returned.

• Anonymous commented  · 

HAVE THE ABILITY TO SEE A LIST AT THE END OF EVERY MONTH OF LABS AND STUDIES THAT ARE NOT BACK. RIGHT NOW WE ARE HAVING TO MAKE TWO COPIES OF ALL LABS WE ORDER. ONE FOR THE PT AND ONE TO CHECK AT THE END OF THE MONTH.

Feedback and Knowledge Base