Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Delete patient

We would like to completely delete a patient rather than just mark them as inactive.

411 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

cecilia casanova shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

38 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

Need to delete duplicate or merge

• Dr Barry Press commented  · 

There should be a way to delete connections who are no longer active.

• Ms Stephanie Miller commented  · 

Should offer a verification before actually deleting to avoid accidentally deleting a patient (ie...maybe having multiple patients charts opened and click delete on the wrong one or having two patients with same name but different birthdates)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Sometimes patients are entered but do not come for an initial appointment until days r weeks later. If you do not recognize the name ( easy in a busy practice) you may enter them again. This becomes an issue if the duplicate is not caught by the system (perhaps name spelling or some other difference). there should be a way to remove these extra/incorrect patient files.

• Laurie Troup commented  · 

When a patient schedules an appointment and no-shows or decides against joining the practice, I should be able to delete their contact information. No other information is entered.

• Amanda Buck commented  · 

100% agree. Not only for the duplicates and mistakes, but also the example profiles that Practice Fusion stuck in when you sign up. There are so many of them, and there's no way to get rid of them.

• Mrs Lisa LaBell commented  · 

Be able to delete duplicated charts, or patients that have never been seen

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with what is written below and sometimes it may be entered twice due to not showing up because people use short or abbreviated names. Just want to completely delete their entry. Thanks.

• Angela Tefft commented  · 

I agree. I have clients who did not show up for their first intake appt and it makes no sense to keep them in the system. I would prefer to delete them along with all of the demo clients.

• Frank Filippelli commented  · 

need to be able to correct errors and duplications

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please make a delete button, it would really help with duplicate files.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We would love to have an option to delete patients. We have several patients that have been added multi times and would love to delete the duplicates. Help

• Dr Jesse McRae commented  · 

Change the name. Have a standard name that identifies it is a "non-patient". I have several J.J. McGillicuddy's.

• Howard commented  · 

Agree with comments below. In case of duplication, it would be helpful to be able to delete, rather than just inactivate a pt record.

• Kaushal gupta commented  · 

I agree, EHR should give us tool to block or delete pt chart in case of error or duplication. in search, inactive show up too.

• Beverly commented  · 

I think its necessary

• Susan commented  · 

We need to be able to delete patient charts created in duplication.

• debbie commented  · 

I made an apptmt for a patient. It automatically pulled up the first patient spelling which I made inactive over a year ago. Why would it pull up the inactive patient over the active one.??

• Gerald Zelikovsky, MD commented  · 

It would be most helpful to delete a duplicate chart, rather than have them as inactive. Unfortunately, inactive charts still come up to choose from in a search.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base