Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Custom Past Medical History Sections

We would like to track more things in Past Medical History in addition to what is already listed there as categories.

29 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Desiree McGann shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shawn commented  · 

agreed. we track imaging and tried/failed treatments, which could be part of the note perhaps but would be helpful to have a custom field in PMH to track.

• Mr Andrew Kurtzman commented  · 

Social history is more than smoking. Why can't we add substance abuse, etc. There should be an add to feature here.

• Gresham Counseling and Therapy LLC commented  · 

I agree with this. I need to document past and current substance use (including frequency and amounts), but I don't see anywhere to put such information.

I would also like to see a space to document past methods used to treat disorders (e.g. counseling, massage therapy, "alternative" treatments) and the effectiveness of those treatments. It would be helpful to have this information quickly accessible when developing treatment plans rather than having to sift through encounter notes to find this information.

It would be great if we could create custom categories in the past medical history section to fulfill our documentation and treatment-planning needs when the necessary information does not fit pre-defined categories.

Feedback and Knowledge Base