Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Rich Text Formatting in Care Plan

Include formatting with copy/paste feature for plan to care plan; currently the formatting appears to be included but when printed out, the final care plan portion (seen by the patient) all runs together. Not sure if this is how it appears to the patient in Patient Fusion, but formatting to separate topics, instructions, etc would be helpful to patients. Thanks.

45 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Donna OHara shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dr Devin Wilson commented  · 

Fully agree. This would be a great change as it presents the information to the patient more legibly and saves the practitioner time!

• Gerald Zelikovsky, MD commented  · 

The ability to create templates for the care plan would also be a great time saver.

• Gerald Zelikovsky, MD commented  · 

The ability to have RTF in the care plan would be very helpful. Having older patients that don't see well, requires a need for a larger font. My senior patients are not interested in utilizing the patient portal. It is essential for a practice having 90% of patients whom are 65+ y/o.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes this would be great. Currently I write it in the PLAN section neatly with bullets and print off that section to give them. Then i copy and paste into care plan section but it looks terrible, messy, illegible. Then i go back and actually complete the PLAN section the way it needs to be for documentation.

• Anonymous commented  · 

agreed and be able to use .text for template!

• Ms Deborah Edington commented  · 

Have a template type option in the care plan would also be a help.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree. We would also like to see BOLD text in other parts of the chart, including the CC, statuses and care plan.

• Makenna commented  · 

Agreed, in order to use this function and communicate with patients via the PHR, some sort of formatting here would be very helpful.

• Alan Levinstone MD commented  · 

Are you aware that if you copy the P section to Care Plan, you lose all the formatting? Copying and paste in other areas of the program preserve the formatting.

• Ms Heidi Friedman commented  · 

I agree. There are people who cannot process their care plan when it's all ran together. I'm sure most will agree that it's very important to have the ability to separate things into different paragraphs with the ability to BOLD the heading of each item addressed in the care plan.

• Dr Melissa Black commented  · 

I entered myself as a test patient to checkout the patient portal. When I pull up the care plan from my test visit, the text is there but it was lost all formatting so it is just a continuous stream of information. It would be much bette/more professional looking if formatting were retained (at the very least starting a new line when indicated, if not bold text, indentation etc.) Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base