Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Edit Patient Demographics while E-Prescribing

While e-prescribing, obviously patient demographic data has to be complete including zip and state info. However, if one initiates a prescription and that data isn't in the patient profile, one has to delete the current order, get into the profile and edit that information, then re-start the order.

I would love for the e-prescribing flow to work like the lab/image ordering flow.

22 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Keely Godwin, MD shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Janet Schaffel commented  · 

I agree! Our patient info was transferred from our previous system without the patient's zip code. If I write or go to approve a renewal of a prescription, it can't be sent until the zip code is added. I have to delete the entire prescription, enter the info, save it and rewrite the prescription. If I could at least save the prescription until I found the information that would be huge. Even better, as suggested, if we could enter the info 'on the fly 'directly from the prescription writing section that would be ideal.

Feedback and Knowledge Base