Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Electronically signing referrals

Staff should be able to log in and do a referral and send it on behalf of the doctor. When a referral is automatic generated, the M.D should automatically have on the referral the options to choose the referring provider for electronically signed by the M.D who is referring so they know who is ordering the consultation, lab imaging order.

23 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dr William Wallace commented  · 

The electronic signature that appears on the referral is that of the sender, not the author of the note. Which JCAHO doesn't recognize. It states the date the author signed it, but not the time, nor does it say electronically signed.

• Ms Michele McComas commented  · 

Electronic signing of referrals would be a fabulous idea as we too are attempting to decrease our use of paper.

• Suzanne commented  · 

A very important feature. If we are truly going to go "paperless" this is extremely important. Our referral staff are the ones that are preparing the referrals and test orders for the patients on behalf of the provider. We have to be able to have the MDs electronic signature on these orders/referrals. I had a facility not accept the referral/order today even though the doctor's name was all over it because it was electronically signed by the staff member that created the document. I had to print it, have the doctor sign it, and re-fax it. Waste of time and resources. This is only one instance, but I can see it happening now that we are doing away with orders on prescriptions that facilities are used to receiving. They want to see the doctor's electronic signature on these orders. Please consider this as high priority. They need to cover their bases by making sure it's a valid order, so I understand why they want to see the doctor's electronic signature, but at the same time, this has to be available to appear on the order when anyone in the office creates the order.

Feedback and Knowledge Base