Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Delete Patient Message

I inadvertently posted a personal message into a patient's chart and now am unable to remove it. It is not related to the patient's health history and should not be part of the permanent record, however there is no way to delete it.

143 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

Your website says re: deleting a signed note, that it can't be done because "once it's signed it's a legal record."
    At least allow this encounter to be hidden or some kind of huge indication to pay no attention to this encounter instead of a tiny note at the bottom that may be noticed.

[HIDDEN] (<-- click to show) Reason for hiding: "Gosh, I goofed up and put the wrong patient's info in. Sorry. DPG"

• Anonymous commented  · 

I as well feel this need to be top priority. If a note was attached to a chart in error, the physician should be able to delete this message. There have been so many changes within your system, why not make this an option?

• stacy commented  · 

It is not important to delete the message as it is an error in the chart. One can simply reply to the message though and make an addendum that it was created in error.

• Courtney Surls commented  · 

This needs to be done ASAP. I understand why things need to not be deleted, but it at least needs to be an option for the admin or someone with a Physician credentialing. Please make this a top priority!

• Buffy Yatos commented  · 

This is a crucial option that should be implemented sooner, rather than later!!

• Jennifer Zuba commented  · 

We too would like to have this option. Accidents have happened, and it really doesn't need to be in pt chart.

• Tami commented  · 

We cannot delete these messages. This is an important option. Please make this available asap.

• Mrs Sharon Jeppson commented  · 

Be able to delete a patient associated with a message that was done on accident

• Anonymous commented  · 

an absolute NEED AND MUST. please add this option asap

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agreed. Need to be able to delete errant messages.

• Carol commented  · 

Definitely needed!

• Anonymous commented  · 

we need the ability to delete messages. too many mistakes can occur.

• Mrs Katie Gillies commented  · 

Administrators need more control over deleting notes, messages, labs. Everyone makes an error from time to time. I have had providers chart in the wrong pts chart and sign and Not having this control makes it extremely difficult to train new employees in the EHR out of fear that they will attache something to the pts chart that should not be..ie wrong pts labs, chart a message on the wrong pt, ect. Administrators should have the control to, at the very least, block the item...deleting would be best. We are a mental health facility and do not use the pt portal so this should be a none issue.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It's hard when we can't even edit messages as admin staff. New people make so many mistakes. I think admin need more control like other emrs.

• Cynthia Torres commented  · 

The Delete option in the messages is very important to have!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is a must. Also all the messages still show on the summary tab even if archived.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Messages should have the option to change the patient they are attached to in the event that it has been attached to the wrong patient

Feedback and Knowledge Base