Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Allow superbills to be saved as drafts without completing CPT or Diagnosis

Our staff obtains pre-auths, approvals ( work comp/ HMO) etcdays prior to office visit. They need to record this info in the superbill. They should be able to open encounter, change date to date of encounter, and add the auth info to the superbill for that day and save. Once patient is seen, then diagnosis and CPT will be added, and then it's ready for biller. Currently superbill cannot be saved without CPT and ICD codes, which impedes our practice's workflow.

44 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Firdaus Hashim shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Glaucoma Doc commented  · 

This seems like a no-brainer. Not sure why we have to have cpt and diagnostic info selected first. I often start the superbill process, then have to go back to the encounter note to get a few more details, and I lose all my information.
    The point of a "draft" should be that it's incomplete but we can still save it. Thanks.

• Suzanne Phillips commented  · 

My staff cannot currently access the Superbill and input the copay paid, etc. without the input of a procedure code. Obviously, as they are just checking the patient in at the front desk, they DO NOT HAVE THAT INFO available yet.
    I would request that the superbill be accessible to the staff at the time of patient check in BEFORE the doctor accesses the diagnosis codes/procedure codes on the superbill

Feedback and Knowledge Base