Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Mental Health Assessments Custom Form

I desire to have assessments, which to mental health is essential to document. A Beck Depression Inventory, when completed presently, requires me to hand the patient the paperwork, score the paperwork, scan the paperwork, upload the paperwork, assign and then sign the paperwork. To view it is not easily done in the midst of a session should I wish to review it. Assessments, whether able to add provider performed assessments or patient forms utilized through Patient Fusion as the intake forms have been changed to be able to do, are essential.

91 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mr Christopher Holly shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dr Daniel Lee commented  · 

PROMIS® (Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System) is a set of person-centered measures that evaluates and monitors physical, mental, and social health in adults and children. It can be used with the general population and with individuals living with chronic conditions.

For More Information:

http://www.healthmeasures.net/explore-measurement-systems/promis/intro-to-promis

Why Use PROMIS?

Developed and validated with state-of-the-science methods to be psychometrically sound and to transform how life domains are measured.

Designed to enhance communication between clinicians and patients in diverse research and clinical settings.

Created to be relevant across all conditions for the assessment of symptoms and functions.

Available in multiple formats and easily integrated into diverse data collection tools.

Translations available in Spanish and many other languages.

HealthMeasures is the official information and distribution center for PROMIS, Neuro-QoL, NIH Toolbox, and ASCQ-Me, which were developed and evaluated with National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding.

PROMIS, Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System, and the PROMIS logo are marks owned by the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services.

• sirxon commented  · 

There are several measures for which copyright is not an issue, such as the PHQ-9, DSM-5, HAM-D -A, MADRS, and others. These return a raw score that can be used as is to meet benchmarks. This makes it cost-effective (free) and relatively easy for PF to add.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please mental health screening forms.

• Mrs BreAnna Talley commented  · 

This would be great to be tracked in the "flowsheet" section - since many times these assessments are repeated at regular intervals to track progress.

• Ms Rebecca Moore commented  · 

Is there an assessment available in Practice Fusion for tardive dyskinesia? AIMS preferably, or the DISCUS? That would be another great addition. I agree with Mr. Holly that adding fields for these mental health assessments would make my life much easier!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Chiropractic offices need to track Outcomes using Oswestry Back Disability Index, Neck Disability Index, and Patient Specific Functional Scales, in addition to regional specific questionnaires. These should be completed on an ipad by the patient, and scored for tracking. At a minimum the ability to add a custom vital that will track a simple two digit number over time would be very helpful. We would be able to monitor progress better.

• Firdaus Hashim commented  · 

If we could add a active box in the vitals section, so we could record the Beck depression Inventory Score, then we dont have to scan the document. Will save a lot of time as scanning into PF, is slow and has multiple steps.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agreed. I would love to have the BDI, PHQ-9, EPDS, MDQ, etc. integrated in the system so that entries could flow in my note and carry over to the next visit's note. Ideally I could hand the patient an iPad, have them complete the questionnaire, and it would then automatically transfer over to my view of the patient's chart. Easy integration of assessment tools into charting really is essential!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base