Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Save Custom Sigs

I would like to be able to customize the "sig" for a medication (and have it save) to reflect how I usually prescribe my medications. Some of the pre-populated sigs are not in line with how I word my instructions. It would save me a lot of time if I could populate my most common medications with my own sigs. Perhaps an option to "save sig" after I free type?

162 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eric Tunell D.O. commented  · 

yes, it would be really helpful to be able to save my sigs rather than the ones that sometime appear in the program, Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  · 

There really should be a way to give a sig, for something like Clorhexidine which has no real sig in your program. It is a 30 second rinse and spit with half an ounce after brushing and flossing in the morning and bedtime, for 10 days. Nothing to eat or drink for 1 hour.
    THIS is a lot to write each and every time we prescribe.
    Also, for fluoride treatment like Prevident Booster 5000 plus.
    Thanks for any help you can give to this matter.

• Dr Donald Solus commented  · 

When prescribing Z-Pack prescription, the instructions must be typed every time. There is no good option in pull down menu, the two instructions needed cannot be combined. (Take 2 pills first day, then one pill each day for 4 days)

• Dr Jon Simon commented  · 

Great idea! This could be very helpful for things like standard prednisone tapers, etc.

• Dr Janice Archer commented  · 

I woudlike to be able to put QHS or QAM etc on my prescriptions. I recently had a pharmacy call me to say that the "directions are not clear" "What time once a day " UGH Usually I add QAM QQHS etc. this time I just clicked from the drop down .

Feedback and Knowledge Base