Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our <a href="http://www.practicefusion.com/help/">Help Center</a>.

Customize Superbills with Tax ID Number

Since I do not contract with insurance companies, I provide my patients with a receipt/superbill so that they can submit it to their insurance company for reimbursement.

However, many insurance companies require my tax/employer ID and the multiple clinic addresses where I see patients. Is there any way to add a "customization" text box to the superbill function/template to make it easier for patients? Thanks!

49 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brian J Dixon, M.D. shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Partially Resolved  ·  AdminAliza (Admin, Practice Fusion) responded  · 

Hi everyone – to provide some clarification, please note that the Tax ID field on the printed superbill populates based on the EIN/TIN entered into the Medical Identifiers section of your User Settings (under Settings, go to Users and click on your name to edit your details). Once you have entered your EIN/TIN into your User Settings and saved your changes, log out and back into the EHR to see these changes reflected on your printed superbills. The practice/group EIN entered into the Practice Details settings will not populate on the superbill, as detailed in the Knowledge Base article below.

https://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/483406-how-do-i-print-the-superbill

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Yes! Agreed. It is somewhat pointless to have a space for the TID, but no ability to choose to include this when printing the superbill. Please address this as soon as possible!

• Bruce Schwartz commented  · 

I need the tax id to print out on my bills as well.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have had patients submit their superbills only to have rejected because my tax ID number is not included. I would like to be able to add this to all of my superbills.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree this should be implemented!

• Allen Snow commented  · 

Totally agreed with Craig's comment: Why does the superbill have a space for the Tax ID (EIN), and you can even put your Tax ID into the "Practice Details" section of the setup, but it won't print out on the actual Superbill?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agree with the necessity of having the tax ID. Thank you for taking care of this issue as soon as possible.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We need this also as we do not accept insurance. I do not understand why when you print the superbill it has a place for Federal Tax ID.

• Craig commented  · 

Why does the superbill have a space for the Tax ID (EIN), and you can even put your Tax ID into the "Practice Details" section of the setup, but it won't print out on the actual Superbill?

• Dr Philip Vincent commented  · 

Having a spot to put the tax ID on the superbill would be great, had to call the insurance company to have them reimburse the patient. Takes time.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Same problem. My patients need the tax ID #. Otherwise they come back with the request and we have delays for their reimbursement.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Still need help?

Create a help ticket