Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Add Diagnosis Code to e-Prescription content

Can you look into adding the diagnosis code to the e-Prescription that gets sent to pharmacies?

53 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

Any update to the current issue of adding diagnosis codes to eRx's?

• Anonymous commented  · 

The Ohio State Board of Pharmacy is now requiring all controlled substance prescriptions to have the diagnosis code on the prescription. Like others have mentioned, when the ICD-10 code is typed into the comment section it does not translate to the pharmacy on eRx or on paper prescriptions. It also does not translate when you put the associated diagnosis in the drop down box.

• Mrs Lauren Sanders commented  · 

This is starting to be a must for all scripts! We send in a script and they send it back to us needing a DX Code. With all the changes that are going on, this is the new norm! Please make the DX codes apart of the script!

• Anonymous commented  · 

please have icd code associate with diagnosis in e-prescription. it is necessary for medicare supplies,

• fares raslan commented  · 

The Ohio State Board of Pharmacy is now requiring all controlled substance prescriptions to have at least the first three characters of the ICD-10 code printed on each prescription

• Michelle Hughes commented  · 

The Ohio State Board of Pharmacy is now requiring all controlled substance prescriptions to have at least the first three characters of the ICD-10 code printed on each prescription. Like others have mentioned, when the ICD-10 code is typed into the comment section it does not translate to the pharmacy on eRx or on paper prescriptions. We are an MAT Clinic that treats opiate and alcohol addiction and all of our prescriptions are controlled. Please consider making this a priority as it is becoming cumbersome for the physicians to hand write this on every prescription.

• Dr Diane McGinnis commented  · 

I think this should be a higher priority. I believe, like myself, that most prescribers think choosing the diagnosis in the drop down box ads it to the prescription. I just found out a couple weeks ago that the diagnosis doesnt travel through to the eRx destination, and reading comments here I guess it doesn't go through to the printed prescriptions also. I would also like the option to put more than one diagnosis into the drop down box. Thanks.

• Laurie Troup commented  · 

Diabetic testing strips, lancets, and insulin all require the code for diabetes. Even though the diagnosis shows in the e-prescribe it does not go through to the pharmacy. I always get additional phone calls regarding this.

• Ms Andrea Kennedy commented  · 

This is needed for many items for it to be covered on insurance or under Medicare Part A. At this time I have to type it in the pharmacy notes field for it to transfer to the pharmacy. Also would be nice if I add a note to the pharmacy that it saves it so I don't have to retype all this information every time I refill the Rx.

• Lorraine commented  · 

When the doctor prints prescriptions for controlled substances for the patient to take to the pharmacy we need the ability to have the associated diagnosis printed on the prescription as pharmacies often call to request this information.

Feedback and Knowledge Base