Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Auto-Save Chart Note on Auto-Lock

I understand the security issue that mandates an auto lock out. It seems an "auto-save" feature would be helpful when the screen auto-locks so we don't forget to save each time.

123 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

We are happy to report that as of Q4 2015, chart notes are auto-saving every minute, so this idea is Resolved.

Thanks for your patience as we worked through the most stable way to accomplish this.

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

Also needs an autosave setting for every minute!
    Thanks for working on this.

• Dr David Lemme commented  · 

Currently, if I enter a portion of the note, then proceed to examine the patient and the note times out, all my entry is lost. This also occurs if I forget to hit "save" and look at labs.

• David commented  · 

When entering data or creating templates the program automatically locks without any indication. The process causes complete loss of data because it is not automatically saved, as other cloud services do. At least provide a warning so users may indicate they are still using the system. Otherwise, 'free' online service is a cost in administration costs redoing work.

Feedback and Knowledge Base