Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Specific Optometry Prescription Forms

A specific prescription form for glasses and contact lenses would be helpful for optometry and other eye-related specialties.

53 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • D Luke commented  · 

Optometry and Ophthalmology need Optical Rx entry templates for glasses and contact lens entry specifications. History of prescribed information is important. If you already have this please let me know. Thank you.
    D.J. Luke O.D.

• Linda Pope commented  · 

offering a blank prescription form that can be filled out, printed and saved in the patient chart, would be very useful to those in the eye-related field. there are numerous other EMR applications that have this feature.

• Blair commented  · 

I am using Practice Fusion for my optometry practice. I would like to request an option where an eyeglass Rx can be entered into the EMR and printed as a presentable Rx.

The Rx should include all identifiers, npi, license, practice address, patient info (dob, address) date, expire date and electronic signature.

Perhaps an option where the Rx can be emailed to the patient or accessed through the patient portal.

• Seth Salley commented  · 

- improves the workflow drastically - findings from the phoroptor and pretesting auto refractors and auto lensometers can fill directly into the medical record - reducing double entry

• Dr Tara Kirk commented  · 

Create eyeglass/contact lens prescriptions.
    Be able to create invoice/orders without a chart note.
    Inventory abilities.

• Dr Angela Johnson commented  · 

For optometry adding a spectacle and contact lens rx feature would be a huge help.

Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base