Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Auto-select Patient when adding task from Patient's Chart

When you click "create task" from within a patient's chart you still have to add the patient to the task. It should automatically select the patient if you start from their chart.

38 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dr Mitchell Akman shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mrs Debbie Chabot commented  · 

In a patient's chart, when you create a new task, it should default with that patient's name instead of making me search for it. We have had a bunch of tasks created without a patient name.

• Glaucoma Doc commented  · 

This is truly one of those time saving things that make too much sense. This feature (automatically associating with a patient) works when creating tasks from the Document upload section, but it doesn't do it when in a patient's chart! This needs to be fixed.
    Of course, we would still have the option of removing the patient's name from the task if it is a random task unrelated to patients (or if it has to do with another patient but we've got a different patient chart open).

• Linda commented  · 

When entering a Recall (i.e. 3 yr. f/u for mammogram) on a specific patient, you key the information into that patient's chart, you enter it as a task & under Other/Letters in that chart. So I am perplexed why the Recall/Task is NOT automatically tied to that patient. It is a waste of time for it not to be tied to their chart. Would be happy to discuss this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base