Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Additional Question Types in Patient Intake Forms

I want the ability to create drop down menus, checkboxes, multiple choice, etc. when customizing patient intake forms.

21 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

david simon, m.d. shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

When a patient is answering the patient intake questionnaire, it would be helpful if the patient could select multiple radio buttons or check multiple items. This way the patient could answer a multi-part question on one screen instead of having to go to a new page for each part of the question. An example would be when asking about a patient's family medical history, the patient could click buttons next to multiple medical conditions, instead of having to go through multiple screens each asking about an individual condition.

• Dr. Jacob B. Goldstein commented  · 

If I ask, "Please list previous surgeries you have had", there should be a way to make this easy for patients to enter, but also allow the patient to specify the answer. So I suggest being able to create 2 different answer functions in one question. For example, a drop down list of common surgeries, but then a single line text box next to the each option so the patient can qualify the answer.

If I list, knee replacement, hip replacement, gallbladder, etc., the patient should have the ability to type in a date next to the answer or type in "right" or "left". This ability would help in many areas of the patient registration.

Having to add another text box under the main question to accomplish this makes the length of the intake form too long and too confusing.

So having the ability to design a question with 2 functions, eg. checklist AND text response within the same question, would save everyone time by not having to ask lots of follow up questions.

Feedback and Knowledge Base