Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

Custom fields in Patient Header

We always see the following fields at the top of a patient chart: Patient name, Age, date of birth, Home ph, email. We would like the ability to customize this list of key fields.

32 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
Acknowledged  ·  Matthew Douglass responded  · 

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dr Friedrich Bieling commented  · 

I agree. On the top line of "CHARTS" where it reads:
    First - Last - DOB - Contact Info - Accessed. Add a user defined column. Like:
    First - Last - DOB - CATEGORY - Contact Info - Accessed.
    For my OBGYN practice this could be "Prenatal" or GYN so I see who is pregnant and who is not.
    Another practitioner might put in "Diabetes" or Hypertension"
    Take that one step further and let me pull all my prenatal patients or all my diabetics in one list.

Along the same vein, I don't need the contact info HERE. As for me, that column could go and be replaced with something more useful HERE.

• Ms Cordelia Murphy commented  · 

This would work be great if we could customize the field - for instance we would like to add a preferred name & preferred pronoun field at the header.

• Dontstopkeepmoving commented  · 

Like the added changes to the patient header but would like to be able to customize it. Ideally for me I would like to see payer type in this field

• Dr Craig Ross commented  · 

I like the new banner across the top of the patient's chart! Thank you.

Now, I'd love to edit it! I'd like to be able to add and hide certain demographics and change the order.

For example, I'd like to add patient's "Preferred name" and their insurance "copay". I'd like to hide the "MRN". I'd like to move the patient's demographic to the left (name, dob, age, phone, email) and move insurance to the right (insurance name, copay).

Feedback and Knowledge Base