Product Ideas

Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Insert Pictures and Diagrams into Chart Notes

It would be nice to be able to insert pictures or diagrams into chart notes.

334 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

• Co-sign / Countersign chart notes

I'm a nurse practitioner. In Tennessee my supervising physician needs to be able to co sign certain of my charts and a certain percentage of my charts. I must sign and the MD must sign. A flagging system or simply allowing 2 signatures on the same chart is needed.

290 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Print Chart Note: Page Numbers, Patient Record Number, & Patient Names on Each Page

Please put the patient's name (at the top of the note) and the page numbers (on the bottom of the note) on every page, not just the 1st. Now, when we fax notes to a referring physician for signature, if the signature page is on 2, 3, 4, etc, it does not have the patient name or page "___ of ___". Thank you for your consideration.

289 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

• Additional Encounter Types

Most surgeons will see patients in multiple hospitals in the ER on the floor or in the Operating room. When need to have a way to capture and add the documentation to our EMR both for billing and for documentation purposes. Currently the encounter type is limited to office.

Can you please provide additional encounter types: ER consultation, operating room procedure

234 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow for hiding and reordering of chart note sections

In the current encounter form, vital signs and reason of visit are separated from the encounter note by a large number of sections. Please make it possible for doctor to modify the encounter and choose which information from patient's pmh to include in the note and which not to.

217 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Copy Entire Chart Note from Previous Chart Note

Would like there to be a master template that would contain the following categories
              Chief complaint, history of present illness, social history, family history, past medical history, surgical history, allergies, medication list, problem list, review of systems, subjective, objective, assessment, plan.

If possible these categories from previous visit would automatically repopulate. With a click or 2 we should be able to reproduce the same review of systems and the same extended physical exam documentation and the med list and problem list should automatically appear if clicked.

192 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Increase font size

we need text size to be able to get bigger

171 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

As of September 2015, customers are able to modify the size of the text when editing sections of the chart note.

You can read more about rich text editing and how to change the font size here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/548442-how-do-i-use-rich-text-editing-when-charting-my-en

If you are interested in increasing the readable font size generally throughout any section of the EHR, you can learn how to do that here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/554913-how-do-i-adjust-the-font-size-in-my-browser

• Custom Encounter Notes for Psychotherapists

Not all Practice Fusion users are physicians or other providers who would be entering in typical medical data such as vitals. It would be more appropriate for this information to be asked for ONLY in encounter notes completed by those providers needing to use a template that requires it. Psychotherapists for example, would not need this information and generally do not use such information in the daily work of their practice.

Furthermore the SOAP note is somewhat out of date for many psychotherapists. Many are not being encouraged and/or were trained on DAP style notes. It would be best if…

167 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• When creating an Encounter, warn if Encounter already exists for that day

If one clicks the orange "New Encounter" button on a day where an encounter has already been generated, a window should pop up notifying the user that a second encounter is about to be generated! This would be helpful in that it would allow the user to avoid creating duplicate encounters. Options on this prompt could include "make a new encounter anyway," "do not make a new encounter," or "take me to the latest existing encounter."

164 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
                    • Document lab and imaging orders in a Chart Note

I would prefer when I enter lab or imaging orders, they should go into current chart note. Consider adding an "orders and medication" section in the Plan section.

139 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Auto-Save Chart Note on Auto-Lock

I understand the security issue that mandates an auto lock out. It seems an "auto-save" feature would be helpful when the screen auto-locks so we don't forget to save each time.

123 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
                          Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

We are happy to report that as of Q4 2015, chart notes are auto-saving every minute, so this idea is Resolved.

Thanks for your patience as we worked through the most stable way to accomplish this.

• Eliminate Duplicate Patient Encounter Notes

On a daily basis my task list has 2 or 3 notes for the same patient started, but only one is used. One of my staff members may have mistakenly created an encounter. It would be helpful if users were informed by a popup when an encounter is created so these mistakes aren't made.

I also get encounters created often when appointments are scheduled or when they are cancelled, even if it is far in the future. The popup would help relieve this problem.

122 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Custom Fields within Chart Notes

It would be great to be able to remove certain fields or add fields to a chart note. I have a Mental Health Facility and we don't do vitals or other items, but would love to create one where it would do a mental health assessment with the needed fields that have to be covered by state regulation. This feature would be a huge plus in providing a custom note to our practice, making workflow much improved.

117 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Simpler printing of chart notes

Print should require 1 click.
                              Please at least eliminate step 3 and 4.
                              Example: to print a SOAP note now:
                              (1) click action
                              (2) click "print encounter"
                              (3) click "print or X"
                              (4) click "print or cancel"

116 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

If I’m reading this right, the 4th step is the print step within your browser, which is outside of our control. Agreed, though, this could be simpler by collapsing steps 2 & 3 somehow or by implementing a keyboard shortcut.

• Formatting Chart Notes

Please add more formatting options to chart notes. Things like bullets, bolding, underlining, color, etc. would be extremely helpful.

106 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Mental Health Assessments Custom Form

I desire to have assessments, which to mental health is essential to document. A Beck Depression Inventory, when completed presently, requires me to hand the patient the paperwork, score the paperwork, scan the paperwork, upload the paperwork, assign and then sign the paperwork. To view it is not easily done in the midst of a session should I wish to review it. Assessments, whether able to add provider performed assessments or patient forms utilized through Patient Fusion as the intake forms have been changed to be able to do, are essential.

89 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

• Review of Systems needs to have a stand alone section

Review of Systems needs to have a stand alone section as it is used by payers to determine level of care rendered and thus payment.

87 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →

• Microsoft Word-compatible text formatting

I will often write my note in Word and then copy/paste into the patient note. When I paste, the EHR inserts multiple line breaks where none existed previously. i.e. only a couple of words per line. I would like Practice Fusion to accept the formatting from Word.

74 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  9 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
                                      • Customize Auto-Generation of SOAP Notes

I'd love if we could change our setting to turn on or off the auto-generation of soap notes for visits.

72 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rachel—thanks for this idea. We’ve heard from many of our practices that they would like this customization feature.

Currently, when a patient is marked as Arrived, a SOAP note is automatically created. We do this for a number of reasons, but it is clearly not a necessity for many practices. We are considering making this a practice-wide or provider-specific setting for Arriving new patients.

• Make Vitals more compact when Printing Chart Note

Vital signs now take up 3\4 of a printed encounter. Please re-format to smaller vital signs when printing.

68 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  6 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base