Product Ideas

Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Delegating e-prescribing ability to practice staff

Staff, other than prescribers (i.e. MAs and nurses) need to be able to send e-prescriptions in the physician's name.

1,521 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

• Patient Preferred Pharmacy

I would like to be able to add and update pharmacies for patients. At this time the doctor is having to do this when sending meds, it would be a great help to the doctor if the staff were able to manage the pharmacy during the intake process or prior to the doctor seeing the patient.

891 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Enhancing the e-Prescribing Pharmacy List and Searching

Can you add a favorite pharmacy list?

For example, I use mostly 8 pharmacies for 95% of my prescriptions . If I put cvs pharmacy the first time, the system should be able to store the cvs I use and it should automatically come up first.

707 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea. We have heard about this from other providers as well.

To anyone else who may be interested in this feature, please add your voice to the conversation by commenting below or by voting for this feature so we know it is important to you. This will improve the likelihood that we add this feature to the Practice Fusion EHR.

Additionally, by voting or commenting here, you’ll receive email updates when others add their voices to the conversation. All of this input goes a long way to helping us shape the feature so it works the best possible way for our providers.

• Enhance Batch E-Prescribing of Multiple Meds

Currently it takes up too much time to e-prescribe. As the system stands now, providers need click into EACH medication and re-populate fields such as qty and then designate tablet or capsule etc then keep going through a few screens before it submits. And we have to do this for EACH medication we prescribe. That is too cumbersome! And doesn't make sense - if when we add a medication it has, for example, "lithium carbonate 300mg capsule" vs. "lithium carbonate 300mg tablet" already selected, then the fact that it is a tablet or capsule we want should be automatically populated…

254 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

• Medication List Duplicates

I don't know about other docs but I cannot seem to keep my Rx list accurate by the date prescribed.. I end up deleting duplicate prescriptions.. sometimes this happens because an e refill is okay'ed and then gets a separate line but identical name in the Rx list.. (doesn't always happen --?) Sometimes a generic is requested and then brand and generic are each listed. Sometimes all I am changing is the dose.. I would like to be able to follow the chronology of the dose increases under one segment but to change the dose, the med has to go…

223 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

• Print multiple medications at once

Currently I have to put the prescription paper back in the printer upside down so i can get 2 prescriptions on the page. It would fit four to a page if I could print one in each corner.

I also have to cut them apart before I hand them to the patient because there are no boxes so technically they are not separate prescriptions from a regulatory perspective. If they had boxes around each, the pharmacy or the patient could cut them apart themselves and that would save me a minute. The big hospital chain in my area does this…

126 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Templates for Common Rx Dosage, route, form, etc.

As you are streamlining e-RX, it would be great to have it save common Rx I write EXACTLY the way I usually write them, which is not in your drop down boxes. I also don't want to have to fill in the dosage, medication form, etc. every time. If it could be saved as a sort of "template" or "personal formulary" so that I just chose from a list of what I most commonly Rx, it would save a great deal of time. Thanks--JP

114 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Mobile E-Prescribing

we need better iPhone/mobile interface for prescribing. I would love to ditch my other mobile prescribing tool, but i can't effecttively use PF on my iPhone as the screen/text is too small. perhaps a separate app for mobile prescribing

98 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Prior Authorization for Prescriptions

Recently saw a demo for CompletEPA (surescripts) for medication prior authorizations. Because it is real-time and integrates into existing EHRs, I think it will significantly reduce the amount of time that my staff and I spend on medication PAs, and it will improve patient care, compliance, and satisfaction. Would love to have the ability to add this service (or a comparable one) to Practice Fusion.

90 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Resend Failed E-Prescriptions

I find that many times we'll get a call from a patient complaining that a prescription never made it to the pharmacy. When we look at the prescription, it will say either that delivery is pending or that it failed. In order to send the prescription again, we have to re-create the prescription. Ideally, it would be great to look at an e-Rx that's been sent and have the option to simply click one "resend" button that has the exact same data that just gets re-sent to the pharmacy. This would save time and effort (and possibly allow a staff…

87 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Prescription Workflow Enhancements

1.Selecting a medication from the drop-down lists where the dosage form is listed should automatically populate the dosage form section in the prescribing section.
                        2. The plan section of the note should NOT automatically close after sending a prescription.
                        3. The previous quantity of a prescription medication should automatically populate quantity section of a new prescription.
                        4. if you picked a drop down medication direction- Then the computer should populate the day supply after quantity is filled in.
                        5. when renewing prescriptions electronically the denial warning should not block the choices for the denial.

86 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Link Medication Refills to Encounters

If I refill a medication, it does not show up on the plan part of the encounter. So in my opinion the SOAP note is not complete. When someone looks at the encounter they do not see ALL the meds prescribed at that time, only the new ones. I would like to bind a refill response to an encounter.

78 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Prior Authorization Customization and Flexibility

Right now I have over 100 unassigned prior authorization tasks floating around. Just because a insurance does not cover the medication at 100% does not mean we want to do a prior authorization on that medication. Our pharmacies have meds that are only $4.00 that we want to use. I think we should be able to turn the option off to automatically create Prior Auth tasks, set a threshold for how expensive a medication is before we're prompted to fill out the form, or we should be able to pick which specific medications we want to create a task for.

77 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Send Email or Text message to patient when e-prescription is sent to pharmacy

It would be great, if at the time a prescription was sent to the pharmacy, that the patient received an email or text message that the prescription was sent and to which pharmacy it was sent

75 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Display Pharmacy Contact Information even when not e-prescribing

When prescribing controlled substances, for instance, I have to check a different prescription on the patient to figure out which pharmacy to use. So, when we are "ordering" controlled substances, can you please activate the pharmacy info for these prescriptions, too, so we have the phone number of the most recently used pharmacies on hand? I am frequently googling to find a pharmacy number now, but would prefer to stay in my EHR to find this contact information.

66 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Remove Extra Prescription Unit Field

The name of the meds chosen already shows the units so why do I have to choose the units before continuing? The meds already say tablets so it's a waste of time and redundant to have to choose Tablet again. Make it optional please.

53 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Specific Optometry Prescription Forms

A specific prescription form for glasses and contact lenses would be helpful for optometry and other eye-related specialties.

52 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Print ePrescribing Receipts

Please allow us to print eRX receipts in the new EHR. We practice in assisted living facilities (ALFs). We ePrescribe via PF eRX to the institutional pharmacies that service the ALFs. The ALFs themselves need a copy of the RX. The eRX receipt with VOID watermarked across in the old EHR was superb for this.

52 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Send Supervising Physician to pharmacy

NPs in Texas have to have the supervising physicians name on prescription. Is there a way this can be added as a structured field to e-prescriptions? At this point I have to add it to each individual prescription.

51 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Just a quick update here. We have updated the PF EHR to send basic supervising provider information and NPI to pharmacies for every e-prescription.

We will be looking into additional changes so supervising provider will appear on printed prescriptions as well, so this idea will remain in “In Progress” status.

You can read about this feature here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/484230-how-do-i-send-an-erx-e-prescription

• Print Multiple E-Prescription Receipts On a Single Page

We would like to be able to print multiple e-prescription receipts on a single page. The current method wastes paper when we have many to print out.

49 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base