Product Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spell out quantities of Controlled Substance medications

Schedule II Medication Prescriptions need spelled out prescription quantities in addition to Arabic numbers as displayed now. This is particularly important in a child psychiatric or pediatric practice.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. New Jersey Prescription Printing

We need a New Jersey template for printing prescriptions.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add comment line to pharmacy denials. Very important. Thank you.

Add comment line to pharmacy denials. Very important. Thank you.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improved Workflow for Denying Controlled Substance E-Prescriptions

Instead of having to just deny e-prescriptions for scheduled drugs give options of print Rx or record Rx with phone number for requesting pharmacy so prescriber can immediately take care of request. No danger of forgetting to prescribe or of forgetting which pharmacy made the request. This would make prescribing controlled meds much easier and assure accurate record keeping. Thanks for your consideration. Keep up the excellent work.
    Mel (Dr. Hodde)

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tennessee-specific Prescription Enhancements

It would be nice to have customizable prescription templates. I know that certain states have different requirements and this would allow users to create templates based on what's required of their state. For instance, TN requires that all prescriptions by nurse practitioners list their supervising physician's name and contact info on the script. Right now, there's no way to do that. This way Practice Fusion doesn't have to make rx templates for every state but just allow for more customization.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

6. Reply to Pharmacist

We need to be able to send a return message to pharmacies that you are out of the office and call your phone for coverage doctor contact info. This would help us not have refills sitting there without a response while we're unavailable.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Patient's Phone Number to Prescription Printout

We would like to print the patient's phone number on the prescription printout, in addition to address and DOB

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Refill Screen Enhancement

In the prescription refill screen, I need to see the medication & patient's name without clicking 'more'. It's easier if we can see the information at one quick view.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Send eRx even for Prescriptions with Stop Dates

Currently, when our provider adds a stop date to the order, it disables his ability to send electronic prescriptions. If the stop date field is empty, the prescription can go through. He would like to use the stop date field to show that the patient has stopped the medication.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Finish Sending eRx and stay in SOAP note

I usually have to keep editing the plan, and every time I refill a medications, I need to scroll back to plan.
    The feature ordering multiple medications is very good. Thank you, guys!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

Hi everyone—I am happy to report that this workflow issue has been resolved for our customers as of 5/29/2015.

11. Shorten Medication names for easier reading

Long drug names/dosage info are not always wrapping text, thus cutting off critical info. Often this is due to spelling out unnecessary words, like "hydrochloride" instead of "HCl." Could you modify the drug database to replace these longer terms with the shorter versions?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Track Traceable Rx Number Per Prescription

When I print rx's for schedule II meds, the printed rx does not contain a traceable rx number. Even if I hand sign these rx's and they are on special rx paper, pharmacies don't accept the rx's because they say they need to have a traceable rx number on them. My hand rx's all do have a script number.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multiple prescriptions

Kudos! Love the feature. Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We want your feedback: Patient Medication Benefits Pilot

Our prescription coverage pilot provides real-time prescription cost information and pharmacy alternatives to help lower out-of-pocket expenses for your patient and improve patient adherence. These checks are currently only available for patients with a prescription plan managed by Express Scripts (ESI).

For more information about this pilot, please see our Knowledge Base article:
    http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/902796-how-do-i-find-less-expensive-more-convenient-medi

You can help us enhance prescription coverage checks by sharing your experience and providing feedback on the pilot program below.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  Nina responded

You can help us enhance prescription coverage checks by sharing your experience and providing feedback on the pilot program below.

15. Differentiate Deny Button on Refill Requests

We would like to have the "Refill Deny" button to be more obviously different from the "Refill Approve" button. This will help differentiate between the different refill request options easily and cause less errors when doctors are reviewing their requests for medication refills. We have sometimes documented a denial and accidentally pressed the "Approve" button because the "Deny" button is not as obvious.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

16. Refilling Medications: Provider selection default

Every time I refill a medication, I have to re-select my name from the filter drop down and wait for the list to re-populate. Can you just default it to the logged in provider instead of "All providers"?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add new patient from refill request

We should be able to add a patient to directly from an e-refill request. In the new EMR, if the patient is not already in the EMR, I am not able to process the e-refill. I would have to manually add that patient's infos into the EMR, then match the e-refill request to that pt in order to process that e-refill request.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rx authority number for Controlled Substances

In VA, we are required to have the prescriptive authority number on all controlled prescriptions. Can this be added as a specific field that is on the screen? We have to hand write it in now.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Print Voided Prescriptions

We would like the option to print out voided script to give to patients when we e-prescribe.

They like it because they can give the voided script to pharmacy as proof it was sent electronically.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enhance EPrescription Reports

Please include the frequency and total quantity of medications prescribed in eRx reports

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base