Product Ideas

Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customization for Online Appointment Booking Slots

Can the online appointment booking be configured to match the appointment times we select for our practice in the EHR? Right now the patient interface for requesting an appointment defaults to 30 min and does not reflect what I selected for my practice appointments.

120 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

• Allow for multiple locations to appear for online appointment booking

I'd like for more than one of my facilities to be bookable for appointments on patientfusion.com

113 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

• Online Appointment Booking from Smartphone

i want patient to be able to go to our website from their smartphones and book their appointments. Ipad works and computer works but smartphones do not work. There are more people doing things and want to make their appointment on the go.

56 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Multiple Appointment Types and Accompanying Durations in Online Appointment Booking

The online scheduler currently only allows the patient to choose from one appointment type. I propose that the patient is able to choose from separate appointment types like new appointment, follow up, acute, etc.

56 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Pediatric Patients Online Appointment Booking

We are unable to use online scheduler, because it does not allow to make appointments for them. Please allow us to set up pediatric patients as Patient Fusion users.

40 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow patients to cancel and/or reschedule appointments

Can you enhance Patient Fusion functionality to allow patients to cancel and/or reschedule their own appointments online, rather than having to call the office? Would need to have boundaries. For example, only allow canceling or rescheduling up to 24 hours before appointment (if within that 24 hours, must email or call office).
              Thank you.

37 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Nina responded

Great news! We have released the ability allowing patients to reschedule and cancel appointments from their patient portal.

Thanks for providing all of your input and requests for this feature and we’re delighted to release it.

You can learn more about this feature here:

How to process the requests:
                http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/713967-how-do-i-process-online-appointment-booking-resche

How a patient booking an appointment online:
                http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/713775

• Implicit Holiday Support for Online Scheduling

We need to let our patients know in the online scheduling that our office is closed on certain holidays. Is there a way to have this work implicitly without us having to set them ourselves?

35 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• I'd like for providers who don't eRx (e-prescribe) to have an Online Booking Page

I'd like Practice Fusion to verify providers who don't prescribe, so we can have Online Booking Pages.

29 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

Hi everyone—I’m excited to announce that we have built a way for customers to verify their identity via credit card instead of requiring credit check for e-prescribers only. This will allow non-eprescribers to have online appointment booking pages.

As of 6/19/2015, we have rolled this out to all PF practices.

You can learn more about how this verification works here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/484517-how-do-i-get-a-patient-fusion-online-scheduling-pr

• Customize Physician Website Office Hours separate from EHR Scheduler Available Hours

The office hours listed on the doctor profile page (even with online appointments turned off) show the office hours as pulled from the scheduler. Due to schedule variability and blocking by multiple providers, the hours do not adequately reflect either the office's true hours or the doctor's office hours. It would be nice to customize these hours independent of the scheduler.

27 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Online Booking Flexibility

I'd like for patients to be able to double-book on my calendar. I see 2-3 patients in a 30 min time slot and I'm worried that when people look online they might think I'm full and look elsewhere, when if the call they could get in that day. Would like to be able to set criteria for the time to show full. Then I would be able to fully promote and use this feature.

24 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Disable Patient's Ability to Make an Appointment via Online Booking

We would like to be able to control whether a patient can make an appointment via Online Booking, to prevent patients that abuse this privilege.

17 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Improved Usability in Online Appointment Booking

I am finding many of my patients, especially the elders, can not see the vertical rectangular box that is grayish on the right hand side of the screen that if they click on it, they will be taken from Step 2 to 3. The box only turns deep blue, once the patient clicks on it. I suggest you that after the patient enters their chief complaint, etc., there should be a simple NEXT or CONTINUE button, to advance to the next screen.

16 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Patient Fusion portal enhancements for urgent care

Enhancements for Urgent Care

-We have an urgent care clinic and would like to use the on-line scheduling and intake features of patient fusion.

-We advertise by the name of the clinic, and that's the way that patients usually identify with us, rather than by the name of individual practitioners.
                            In addition, our staff schedule is somewhat set but does change slightly week to week.

-It would be helpful if patients could search in the patient fusion portal by the name of the clinic, as well as by the name of individual practitioners.

-We would also like a seamless way…

15 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Store and Display User Credentials

Can you add additional suffix credentials for users? I'm an acupuncturist and need to write encounters. When my name goes online I do not want to give patients the wrong idea or get in trouble with medical board for using Phys/MD/DO. My title is L.Ac.

12 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Professional Statements for Doctors on Profile

Every doctor should have a personalized profile in which their personality shines through well-crafted Biographical Sections/Professional Statements. This can help patients better connect with the type of doctor (bedside manner, namely) they want, as well as drive revenue through medical professionals by increasing engagement and finessing their "brand." All about that initial emotional connection and impression!

10 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Improve the Error Messages for Patient Fusion Online Appointment Booking

I had to disable the patients' ability to schedule their appointments onine. Unfortunately , the message they receive is giving the impression that I am not taking ANY appointments, and they assume I am closing down.

I am losing patients. I realize they are not reading the entire message. Perhaps this would be a better error message to display: 'The online scheduler is down for now. Please contact your MD by email or phone to schedule an appointment. "

Thanks, Jan Archer

9 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)