Product Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep lab open while viewing note

It would be great to be able to view the labs, a document, RX list at the same time as a note. Then I can make notes, plans, etc in the chartnote while viewing the data, instead of having to write it on a piece of paper or remember it in my head while I switch back and forth between parts of the chart.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

Hi everyone, as you may have noticed, as of mid-2015, you can access Quick Preview to look at lab results and previous notes for the patient when working on a chart note.

You can learn more about how Quick Preview works here: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/483091-how-can-i-preview-previous-encounters-and-results

Additionally, if you’re interested in viewing documents or other things that are not currently in the Quick Preview, you can vote for and comment on this idea: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/forums/276361-product-ideas/suggestions/7137258-please-make-the-patient-s-documents-visible-and-ac

2. Allow lab and imaging orders to be created directly from a SOAP note/visit encounter

When patients come in for their visits, we will often make a plan for them that includes imaging, lab or even referrals. Unfortunately there is no way to do this directly from the encounter for that visit, nor is it recorded in that encounter. We can order medications during a specific encounter and it's recorded as having been done then, we should also be able to order lab and imaging.
    If a patient comes in with an ankle injury and I order an xray for it, I have to document it in my plan by writing "will order xray" and…

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Edit or Delete Lab and Imaging Order Templates

It would be great to delete or alter lab order or imaging order templates once made.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  atinney responded

As of tonight’s release, we now offer support for editing and deleting lab and imaging order templates. Keep in mind that templates are lab/imaging center specific, and can be shared with your entire practice. Select the pencil icon next to your templates to use the new edit and delete functionality.

4. Common diagnoses for lab ordering

If a patient does not have a diagnosis recorded in Dx history it would be helpful if we could create a template with our most used diagnoses so that we could easily select them without having to search through the entire system.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sort Labs by Received Date.

In the date/status column of PF lab reports, the date should be the received date of the specimen. The date PF uses is the reported date which can have many variable factors.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can PF make the lab orders section so that providers can just enter the lab tests they want instead of searching for them by typing?

We do all of our labs in-house and don't bill so it takes a lot longer to search by word for a lab test versus just typing for example : cbc, cmp, etc. Please consider an option to manually enter lab tests.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Office lab Tests

I need a way to provide 14 results for this one test, a urinalysis. This would work better as a report with drop downs and a place to add comments.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lab Comments

We would like the ability to write a note at the bottom of the lab to cover all pertinent information for the entire lab, rather than each individual lab result.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Lock icons in the preview menu for lab results

Having lock icons on the lab results in the preview section like the encounters would be helpful, so that at a glance one can see whether or not a lab has been signed off or not.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In Lab Ordering, send cell phone if home phone doesn't exist

We're starting to experiment with sending lab orders electronically today now that it's available. We have a number of patients with only cell phone and no home phone, so we never have entered a home phone number. However, generating a lab order requires us to go back and enter a home phone or we can't complete the order.

If they have a cell phone but no home phone, we would like to populate the order with the cell instead.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Specify ordering provider in lab ordering

We're starting to really work on possibly making the transition to electronic ordering for lab, since labcorp is going to make that possible soon. There are a couple of things I noticed are missing from the webinar and the tutorial video.

Because there's no longer a forums, this isn't an ideal place to ask these questions or present these issues, but short of opening a ticket, I'm not sure how else to present them.
    1--We often order follow up labs months in advance. How does one order labs to be done 3 months from now? That wasn't reviewed in either…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base