Product Ideas

Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Advanced Templates: Dropdown Menus, Checkboxes, and Lists

I'd like template items with drop downs. This might look something like

Heart rate: [regular][irregular][??]
    Orientation: [Alert and oriented x4][Disoriented to ??]
    etc.

I would click on the line to add it to the chart just like with the current system. Using the heart rate line as an example, instead of typing "regular" I would tab to one of the three options (regular, irregular, or the option to type free text) and hit "enter" to produce the line with that option.

I think what most people are doing is something like this:

Heart rate: ??
    Orientation: ??
    etc

This makes…

486 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

64 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Admin →

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

• Ideas to improve the Medication List

The medication list is the life blood of my practice. I see you have disabled the list. While I am in the chart note, or any part of the chart for that matter, I would like to drop down the medication list like a shade from the top of the page. It should be a full screen list all the way across. It should include all medications with dates updated and prescribed. I want to have better tracking of medications, which ones were tried, why they didn't work, why they were discontinued, etc. I know the information is available, but…

476 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Google/iPhone/Android/Outlook Calendar integration (no PHI)

I'd like to see when I have appointments from my google calendar. No need for patient names- "Busy" is plenty of info. Seeing the visit type (follow-up, etc.) would be even better. This would be more valuable to me than any other EHR feature.

466 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

• Attaching documents to referrals

For referrals, it would be helpful to attach lab results and documents as well as the encounters.

456 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Referrals  ·  Admin →
          • Print Patient Labels

We would like to have the ability to print or export to excel a list of patients seen in any given time frame (say last april) so that we can print labels for recall cards.

Even better, we'd like to have a way to just print the labels directly from PF.

450 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

• Printing all superbills in bulk

I would like to have the option to print all the superbills for the date of service without having to go into each superbill and hit print

431 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Becky—that’s the information we needed. We would like to hear if bulk superbill printing would be valuable to other users as well.

• Print Entire Patient Chart

I need to print a patient's entire chart, including labs and documents. It is very inefficient to have to open each lab and print each one separately. i should be able to select all the labs I would like to print and click print to get all of them.

430 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Cross reference from ICD 9 to ICD 10 Diagnosis Codes

We would like to List ICD 9 and show corresponding ICD 10 code

409 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

As of 8/11/2015, we have deployed ICD-10 coding for Practice Fusion superbills in all PF practices to make sure you are prepared for the October 2015 CMS ICD-10 deadline.

We have also incorporated ICD-10 diagnosis coding directly in the clinical and lab ordering workflows.

To learn more, you can visit our ICD-10 Center here: http://www.practicefusion.com/icd-10/

Additionally, there are 3 helpful knowledge base articles available:
                    http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/486111-how-do-i-add-icd-10-diagnoses-to-a-patient-chart

http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/637453-how-do-i-use-icd-10-when-creating-a-superbill

http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/734298-how-do-i-add-icd-10-diagnoses-to-lab-and-image-ord

• Add a field for preferred names, nicknames, prefixes, and suffixes

It is absolutely necessary to have a field outside of the legal name fields for preferred names, prefixes, and suffixes. We have many patients in our office who go by a name other than the one that appears on their insurance cards. We also have plenty of doctor patients in our office and it would be nice to note that without having to add "Dr." to their first name field or "MD" or "PhD" to their last name field! Or even for clergy! I don't want to add "Father" or "Sister" or "Reverend" to their first names because that prevents…

408 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Partially Resolved  ·  Aliza responded

Hi everyone,

Good news! As of 9/28/17 you can now add a prefix and/or suffix to the patient Profile page.

We will keep this feature request as partially resolved as we have not yet implemented the ability to search for patients by preferred name.

• Delete patient

We would like to completely delete a patient rather than just mark them as inactive.

397 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Color Coding for Block Times

Please bring back color coding for block times to the new EHR. Since PF doesn't allow scheduling at multiple offices, we use this to distinguish when each provider will be at which office location and prevent our patients from scheduling time slots incorrectly through Patient Fusion.

386 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

• Add new patient appointments directly from the chart

I would like to be able to directly add an appointment while in the chart, without having to separately open the scheduler, and then also having to select the patient again. Why not create a link so that from the chart, can see the schedule and click a date/time from the calendar.

385 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

• Patients doing Digital Document Signing

We have consent forms that we would like to load into our EMR and send to the patient to have them sign.

383 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →

• Make Active and Inactive patients more obvious when selecting throughout the EHR

When opening the new appointment window, active and non-active patients look the same, thus causing potential errors to occur.

371 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
                                Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

Thanks to everyone for providing your thoughts on how inactive patients should be displayed in Practice Fusion.

As of 03/25/2016, to reduce confusion when working with patient lists, we have made it more obvious in the main Charts section when a patient is inactive.

You will see the words “Inactive” in the patient list as well as the patient header when you are working with an inactive patient.

Additionally, if a patient is marked as inactive, she or he will not appear in search results for appointments, messages, labs, or refills. If you would like a patient to appear in those search results for selection, you’ll need to mark the patient as Active.

• Different Intake Forms for different Appointment Types or Per Patient

I want to be able to attach certain types of Intake forms to certain types of appts or patients. It would be awesome for example if from the schedule I could select from my pre-created intake templates which type of form to send that particular patient.

This would mean I could select my "new patient intake" for new patients. Then for a follow up patient I could select an intake template that was specific to their diagnosis. For example a patient who has anxiety and depression could receive questions about anxiety and depression symptoms while a patient with ADHD could…

366 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fee Schedule for CPT Codes

We would like an option to add fee schedule rates to the CPT codes so when you create a Super bill it adds the rates automatically.

356 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Appointment Detail Report

It would be great if we were able to generate a report that compiled a list of all patients that have been No Showed or Cancelled (or simply Seen) for a specified time frame. The report should include the patients last visit before the No Showed or Cancelled appointment and their phone numbers and emails. We should be able to print the report as well.

355 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
                                      Resolved  ·  Nina responded

Hi everyone – As of 1/24/2017, we have released the new Appointment Report to all practices. This report allows practices to review and filter appointments by facility, status, provider, and date, making it easier to track cancellations, no shows, and other scheduling details.

You can read more about the new Appointment Report here:

http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/1124125

• Permanently delete terminated employees from the User List

Have the ability to permanently remove employees that have been terminated from the practice on PF

351 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Sign multiple "Tasks" in bulk, all at once

We need the ability to sign more than one encounter at a time. By the end of the day it is incredibly time consuming to back through and sign off every individual item under "tasks"

345 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Admin →

• Flowsheets for viewing vitals and lab results over time

Flow charts are needed to keep track of all manner of ongoing issues. For example, health maintenence: colonoscopy, mamogram, ekg, etc.

340 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)