Product Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Overdue Patient Checkup Report for Patient Recalls

I'd like to be able to run a report and print a list of overdue patient checkup visits. It helps to call patients who have not visited for their vaccine or annual physicals.

354 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Acknowledged  ·  52 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
  2. Show Full Appointment List for Patient

I would like the ability to print out all of the multiple appointments that a patient has, so they can see at a glance their past and future appointments and what treatment they are getting.

344 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

3. Flowsheets for viewing vitals and lab results over time

Flow charts are needed to keep track of all manner of ongoing issues. For example, health maintenence: colonoscopy, mamogram, ekg, etc.

343 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Track copay information per appointment

Copays come directly from the patient at the time of visit. . It would be helpful if when opening a patient chart, I can document the payment, and/or I can see if the patient paid for his/her copay at their last visit. Plus if paid by credit card, medical debit card, or check and give the patient a receipt printed.

336 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Flow diagnoses to Superbill

If the chart note has been signed and has diagnoses already entered in the chart note, the superbill should be able to pick up the diagnoses from it directly and give us an option to either add or remove diagnoses. It takes very long time to reselect the diagnoses and procedures again in superbill section.

321 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

6. Would like cancelled & no show appointments to be hidden when hiding Seen appointments

Can you fix it to where the no-show & cancelled appointments disappear off of the schedule like the seen appointments? It will save so much time scrolling through the day's schedule & will definitely make the day schedule look cleaner. Thanks.

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  7. Co-sign / Countersign chart notes

I'm a nurse practitioner. In Tennessee my supervising physician needs to be able to co sign certain of my charts and a certain percentage of my charts. I must sign and the MD must sign. A flagging system or simply allowing 2 signatures on the same chart is needed.

304 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customized Clinical Alerts per Patient

We need to create custom clinical alerts for each patient. We are receiving notices from insurance companies telling us the patient needs to have specific screenings (pt is due for mammogram, colonoscopy, eye exam, etc.). We need to see this notice when we open the chart so the physician can meet these needs at the visit.

303 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

This is a great idea. Are you thinking that you would like to enter in these alerts by hand, per patient? Or, more ideally, the insurance company would connect directly to Practice Fusion and populate the information for you automatically?

9. Print Chart Note: Page Numbers, Patient Record Number, & Patient Names on Each Page

Please put the patient's name (at the top of the note) and the page numbers (on the bottom of the note) on every page, not just the 1st. Now, when we fax notes to a referring physician for signature, if the signature page is on 2, 3, 4, etc, it does not have the patient name or page "___ of ___". Thank you for your consideration.

296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow attachments to patients' messages

Patients are not able to send documents via the messaging system. This would be great if they can send old charts, results they have, etc.

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Aliza responded

Hi everyone – As of 11/17/17, patients are able to attach files and hyperlinks to messages that they send to their provider from within the patient portal. When received in the EHR, these files and hyperlinks can be saved as documents to attach to the patient chart.

For more information on handling patient message attachments, please see our Knowledge Base article here:

https://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/483766-how-do-i-use-patient-messaging

11. We need the ability to enter more than one blood pressure

Often, more than one blood pressure reading is taken during a visit. For example, if a patient needs to be assessed for dehydration, or if the BP is very high. There needs to be a way to enter more than one BP reading, including whether it was taken standing, sitting, or lying, and in which arm.

276 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Custom Auto-Lock Time

We would like to customize how long the EMR stays open before auto lock out.

270 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

For security and regulatory purposes, the Practice Fusion EHR will auto-lock and require password to be unlocked after a period of idle time. Currently, this timer is set to 15 minutes because certain states require the time to be 15 minutes at minimum. We are investigating ways to improve this security feature, which may include customization in the future.

13. 270 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →
  14. Granular Permissions

We were setup as MDs so we could have administrative rights. Most of us are physician assistants. PAs should be labeled appropriately.

268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Patient Report for Birthdays and other purposes

We would like to be able to run a patient report for a particular date range of birthdays or office visits and export that list so we can send cards. We would need name, phone number, email address, mailing address, among other things.

266 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

16. Enhance Batch E-Prescribing of Multiple Meds

Currently it takes up too much time to e-prescribe. As the system stands now, providers need click into EACH medication and re-populate fields such as qty and then designate tablet or capsule etc then keep going through a few screens before it submits. And we have to do this for EACH medication we prescribe. That is too cumbersome! And doesn't make sense - if when we add a medication it has, for example, "lithium carbonate 300mg capsule" vs. "lithium carbonate 300mg tablet" already selected, then the fact that it is a tablet or capsule we want should be automatically populated…

265 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Upload Document while in Patient's Chart

Allow document upload not only from home screen , but also while in a patient's chart. this way, when you are working on a patient chart, you can upload a pertinent document directly into the chart. this will save time as you wouldn't have to upload a document and then associate it with a patient.

259 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Patient Insurance Eligibility Checks

I would like to be able to check the patient insurance eligibility when I schedule the patient for an appointment.

258 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

As of 9/15/2015, we have released our Eligibility functionality for 100% of Practice Fusion practices.

You can read more about Eligibility at this knowledge base article: http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/knowledgebase/articles/637468

Additionally, if you’re interested in having us expand Eligibility checks to include Medicare & Medicaid, you can vote for that idea here:
    http://knowledgebase.practicefusion.com/forums/276361-product-ideas/suggestions/9775089-medicare-and-medicaid-insurance-eligibility

19. Save Scheduler Settings From Session to Session

When I change the filter and display settings for my scheduler, I would like for the EHR to remember those the next time I log in so I don't waste valuable time changing my settings during every login.

255 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  20. Copay and Payment Report

We need to be able to print a daily report for payments (copay and other)

253 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base