Product Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Addenda to Unsigned Chart Notes

We would like to be able to add an Addenda to a chart note even if it's not yet signed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
  2. Include Facility Location Details when Printing Today's Schedule

We would like to see the facility location and address on the printout of today's schedule.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  3. Shrink size of "add photo" text

The "Add Photo" text takes up a large part of the lower part of the photo box. Can we remove the text and leave just the plus symbol? Or move the action of "adding a photo" outside of the box where we actually see the patient's pic?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

We have changed the patient photo interaction to display a pencil icon instead of “Add Photo”. This should make it easier to see the patient’s picture now.

4. Patient Profile Picture as PDF

I have a great color scanner and the patient ID# are perfect resolution.

Please consider allowing patient photos in PDF format as well.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →

Hi Cindy—have you tried changing the output on the scanner to save it as a JPG or PNG? That way, you retain the great resolution of the scanner without saving them as PDFs.

5. Chart Note Report Date Range

When searching for chart notes in the Chart Note Report, when you search for 5/20/2015 - 5/20/2015, no notes come up. But searching 5/19/2015 - 5/21/2015 does return chart notes for 5/20/2015. It seems like this search needs to be inclusive of the day range, rather than exclusive. Also, there might be a time zone issue going on here.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  1 comment  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
  6. Line Break Settings for Chart Notes

I've noticed with the new rich text formatting on the chart notes that pressing enter does a "paragraph break" instead of a line break. I understand I can do a line break by pressing shift + enter, but this is cumbersome in the course of charting. Is there a way to default to which type of line break occurs when I press enter? I print my chart notes, and now they are coming out to two pages instead of one, because everything is so spread out.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Maintain "Other" Facility Name when Manually Entering Lab Results & Orders

We are manually input Lab or Imaging results or orders, I would like for the system to be able to remember the name of the facility I put in in the drop down menu so that I do not have to type it each and every time later on. Thanks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display Vaccine CVX Code

We would like to see the associated CVX code next to the type of vaccine in all places it is displayed

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Easier Allergy Shot Recording

We would like to have a simple way to record allergy shots that are administered.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  4 comments  ·  Allergies  ·  Admin →
  10. Office lab Tests

I need a way to provide 14 results for this one test, a urinalysis. This would work better as a report with drop downs and a place to add comments.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Billing Fusion

Accessing a variety of clinics requires a unique email address for each. For a org, such as a billing service, that poses many problems and issues creating time consuming work flow and costs. Can you create a portal for users, such as billing services, to use one unique email address to access a variety of clinics under their charge? Permissions could be used to allow access from the unique provider.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Refilling Medications: Provider selection default

Every time I refill a medication, I have to re-select my name from the filter drop down and wait for the list to re-populate. Can you just default it to the logged in provider instead of "All providers"?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New list item "Provider" in Addendum Pull-down Menu

When adding an addendum to a note, the only options are for "Doctor" "Patient" "Referral" or "Other". Many of us using Practice Fusion are not Doctors. Why not use the more generic "Provider" to be more accurate and avoid confusion. It is not okay to have to choose "Other" as the provider.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Lab Comments

We would like the ability to write a note at the bottom of the lab to cover all pertinent information for the entire lab, rather than each individual lab result.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Superbill Seen By Provider

Frontier Areas of Medical Care can have providers who see patients under the supervision of a licensed provider while they are waiting to meet the requirements for full licensure. In the chart, they must be listed as Seen by Provider, but they do not have an NPI number. The supervising provider must sign off as Rendering Provider and Billing provider.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Care Coordination & Communication for Children with Medical Complexity

There has been little to no progress in meeting the pediatric Medical Home communication and care coordination goals, especially for Children & Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) and/or Children with Medical Complexity (CMC). Effective communication/coordination rarely happens within medical institutions, almost never between institutions (esp. if they have different EMR systems), and NEVER between medical providers and schools and families. Why not create a Practice Fusion "Care Plan Record": that all MDs/providers could access, no matter what EMR their primary institution uses; that families could direct consultants to for up-to-date information and to which they could contribute their…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

17. Date, Patient Name, and DOB in Footer of Chart Note Printout

Date, patient name and DOB should be in footer not header where they are hidden by metal clasp if placed in a chart.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add new patient from refill request

We should be able to add a patient to directly from an e-refill request. In the new EMR, if the patient is not already in the EMR, I am not able to process the e-refill. I would have to manually add that patient's infos into the EMR, then match the e-refill request to that pt in order to process that e-refill request.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 4 digit years for Diagnosis Dates

Please always display 4 digit year associated with diagnoses. I just discovered the date will default to 1900s if you input 2 digits but you don't see that unless you go looking. ie enter 2/14/15 and it will show 2/14/15 but if you go back to the list of diagnoses it is 2/14/1915. I alert staff to enter 4 digit years but the lack of immediate feedback of wrong century increases error. Thanks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Diagnoses  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow us to edit the types of "Appointment Type" categories

Allow providers to create their own "Appointment Type" drop-down categories rather than limiting us to the 7 options currently available.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base