Product Ideas

Submit your Product Ideas to the Practice Fusion team for consideration. Your ideas make a better EHR for everyone. If you have a technical or workflow related question, please visit our Help Center.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Public Link to Patient Intake Form

We would like to link to our public intake form from our website so patients can fill it out ahead of time.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Practice Fusion
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

2. New Specialties for Practice Fusion

I need Speech Pathologist added as provider type.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for helping make the Practice Fusion EHR better for everyone. If you are passionate about this idea, remember you can let your colleagues know you support it by clicking the ‘Vote’ button.

The ideas with the most supporters are constantly being considered for addition to our roadmap in the future.

3. Display Reminder Tasks in the Patient's chart

It is essential to have a record of what was done, and asked to be done for a patient. As it exists now, the reminder task while pending and after being done is not displayed within the patient's chart. We have used messages for this kind of tasking, which can be tracked through the chart.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  24 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom School, Camp, & Wic Form Templates for Letters

As a pediatrician I must print many school and camp forms. It save time if we could populate the form and print it out.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Admin →

5. Print multiple medications at once

Currently I have to put the prescription paper back in the printer upside down so i can get 2 prescriptions on the page. It would fit four to a page if I could print one in each corner.

I also have to cut them apart before I hand them to the patient because there are no boxes so technically they are not separate prescriptions from a regulatory perspective. If they had boxes around each, the pharmacy or the patient could cut them apart themselves and that would save me a minute. The big hospital chain in my area does this…

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Capture when a patient refuses PHR access

We would like a denial button to track when patients decline enrollment in the PHR. We would then like these patients added to the numerator for Meaningful Use tracking.

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add "Emergency Contact" for patients

Most medical practices need to know who the emergency contact is much more often than they need to know who the next of kin is. They are often not the same.

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Easier Navigation through Lab Results and Tasks

When we are going through timeline items (especially lab results), we have to go back to the Timeline, find the next lab result and continue hopping back and forth to view lab results.

It would be really helpful if there was the ability to click a 'next' and 'previous' button to go through lab results (and chart notes) easily instead of having to jump back and forth between results and the timeline tab.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Templates for Common Rx Dosage, route, form, etc.

As you are streamlining e-RX, it would be great to have it save common Rx I write EXACTLY the way I usually write them, which is not in your drop down boxes. I also don't want to have to fill in the dosage, medication form, etc. every time. If it could be saved as a sort of "template" or "personal formulary" so that I just chose from a list of what I most commonly Rx, it would save a great deal of time. Thanks--JP

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Custom Fields within Chart Notes

It would be great to be able to remove certain fields or add fields to a chart note. I have a Mental Health Facility and we don't do vitals or other items, but would love to create one where it would do a mental health assessment with the needed fields that have to be covered by state regulation. This feature would be a huge plus in providing a custom note to our practice, making workflow much improved.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Auto-Save Chart Note on Auto-Lock

I understand the security issue that mandates an auto lock out. It seems an "auto-save" feature would be helpful when the screen auto-locks so we don't forget to save each time.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chart Notes  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Matthew Douglass responded

We are happy to report that as of Q4 2015, chart notes are auto-saving every minute, so this idea is Resolved.

Thanks for your patience as we worked through the most stable way to accomplish this.

12. Eliminate Duplicate Patient Encounter Notes

On a daily basis my task list has 2 or 3 notes for the same patient started, but only one is used. One of my staff members may have mistakenly created an encounter. It would be helpful if users were informed by a popup when an encounter is created so these mistakes aren't made.

I also get encounters created often when appointments are scheduled or when they are cancelled, even if it is far in the future. The popup would help relieve this problem.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Waiting List

We would like to have a waiting list of patients to pull from when other patients cancel. You could show patient name, date of scheduled appt, length of appt, so that we can find the patient, change the date and time to the newly open appt slot.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  8 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  14. Insurance and Copay columns on the schedule

For the patients that have copays and are entered in their account, it would be nice to reflect it on the schedule. Perhaps create a column on the schedule. It's hard to know the patient's copay while on the scheduling dialog box. If you were to click on "Chart" and go find it under Profile, the appointment you were making is no longer there. It would be nice to save time by not having to go to the patient's chart after scheduling the patient's appointment and then typing it in the 'chief complaint'.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  15. Display Insurance Card Picture on Patient Profile

The insurance card should be visible in the Patient Profile screen, rather than having to go to the patient's Documents section to find it every time.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Modify Dosage for Existing Medication

Currently, in order to change the dose of medication, one must discontinue the medicine, remove it, then re-enter it with a different dose. I would like to be able to simply adjust the dosage and not go through the process above.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  5 comments  ·  Medications  ·  Admin →
  17. Block Scheduling Enhancements

Have a date range for adding or editing a schedule block for a provider. Currently, each block has to be entered manually in order to edit one, which is very time-consuming.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Acknowledged  ·  22 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
  18. Simpler printing of chart notes

Print should require 1 click.
    Please at least eliminate step 3 and 4.
    Example: to print a SOAP note now:
    (1) click action
    (2) click "print encounter"
    (3) click "print or X"
    (4) click "print or cancel"

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If I’m reading this right, the 4th step is the print step within your browser, which is outside of our control. Agreed, though, this could be simpler by collapsing steps 2 & 3 somehow or by implementing a keyboard shortcut.

19. Allow for multiple locations to appear for online appointment booking

I'd like for more than one of my facilities to be bookable for appointments on patientfusion.com

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mental health rating scales in the chart note

For evaluation of depression, the PHQ9 would be helpful to have in the screening/scale section. As well as the MDQ to rule out bipolar disorder. Also, the GAD7 to evaluate for anxiety which is extremely common would be good. I use these scales in my practice on everyone I see.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 49 50
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base