Capture a more comprehensive medical history by documenting implantable devices on the patient Summary.
1. On the Summary tab, locate the Implantable device header or select the Go to... drop-down menu and choose Implantable devices.
2. Select the + icon to the right of the header to add a new device. Alternatively, check the Patient has no implantable device box if applicable.
3. Enter the Unique Device Identifier (UDI) exactly as it is listed on the device label, then click Verify. A UDI is composed of two parts: Device Identifier (DI) and Production Identifier (PI).
4. Confirm that the UDI matches the implantable device. If you receive an error stating that the UDI entered was not found in the Global UDI Database, check that you are entering it exactly as it appears on the device label.
5. Optionally enter the device status, implant date, and free-text notes. The device details will be populated from the Global UDI Database based on the UDI you previously entered. Click Save when done.
6. The patient Summary will display both active and
historical (inactive) implantable devices. Click the Print icon to print a complete list of the patient’s devices.
7. To deactivate or delete an implantable device from the patient’s record, click on the device name. Uncheck the Active box and click Save to deactivate it or Delete to remove it entirely.
To see a list of all patients with a specific implantable device, run a query using the Patient Lists Report. For more information, see: How do I use the Patient Lists Report?