The Practice Fusion EHR allows you to receive inbound Consolidated Clinical Data Architecture documents (CCDAs) electronically via the Practice Fusion network or Direct message. If you have received a referral message with a clinical document attached that is formatted according to the CCDA standards (using the Continuity of Care Document template or the Referral Note document template), the document can be opened and viewed in a human-readable format within the Practice Fusion EHR, or downloaded as an XML or HTML file to your computer.
Inbound CCDA Display Preferences
Any account administrator can customize the sections and section order you want to display when viewing inbound CCDA attachments within the EHR.
1. Click Inbound CCDA display preferences on the EHR Settings page.
2. Use the toggle buttons to turn off or on the sections you wish to hide or display within all inbound CCDAs you receive.
To reorder the display, click the horizontal lines to the left of the section name and drag and drop the section to the
preferred location. This setting allows you to ensure that the sections most important to your practice are displayed
when viewing inbound CCDA documents.
3. When viewing an individual inbound CCDA document, section display preferences can also be adjusted directly
within the clinical document preview window after opening a CCDA attachment.
- Use the toggle buttons in the Table of contents pane to hide or display specific sections
- Click Manage order & display of content to be taken directly to the display settings page to reorder the display
- For more information about retrieving referrals, click here.
- For more information about creating CCDA clinical documents in the Practice Fusion EHR, click here.
- For information about batch CCD exports, click here.