This objective requires that you implement clinical decision support (CDS) notifications in the EHR to improve health outcomes. There are two components to this objective:
- Measure 1: Implement five clinical decision support interventions related to four or more clinical quality measures at a relevant point in patient care for the entire EHR reporting period.
- Measure 2: The eligible professional (EP) has enabled and implemented the functionality for drug-drug and drug-allergy interaction checks for the entire EHR reporting period.
Exclusion (learn more)
- For Measure 1: No exclusion
- For Measure 2: Any provider who writes fewer than 100 medication orders during the EHR reporting period.
Practice Fusion Meaningful Use Dashboard Calculation
The Meaningful Use Dashboard will record that this measure has been met if you have at least 5 clinical decision support (CDS) rules and at least one level of drug-drug/drug-allergy interaction checks enabled for the entire reporting period. If you or your practice administrator change the number of CDS advisories or drug-drug/drug-allergy interaction checks to fewer than the minimum 5 required for Meaningful Use and leave these settings for an overnight period, the Dashboard will update to indicate that you have not met this measure and you will not be able to reactivate this measure until the next reporting period.
It is a good practice to ensure that everyone on your staff, including EHR account administrators, understands these limitations and does not disable CDS advisories or drug-drug/drug-allergy interaction checks without understanding the ramifications to your Meaningful Use measure credit.
Measure Requirements: Practice Fusion Suggested Workflow
The measure requires you to have 5 CDS interventions enabled for your entire reporting period. Please note that completing the action recommended by the CDS intervention does not impact your achievement of the measure.
1. Confirm which CDS interventions and/or drug-drug/drug-allergy interaction checks are active in your account, go to the Settings section and select CDS and Surveillance as shown in Graphic 1 below. Practice Fusion offers numerous CDS interventions to choose from to help meet the measure requirements, all of which are initially enabled by default in your EHR account.
Graphic 1: Practice Fusion EHR Settings
2. Ensure at least 5 CDS interventions are enabled and at least one drug-drug and drug-allergy interaction check is enabled for the entire reporting period (see Graphic 2 below). If you save your own or practice level CDS settings at any point during your reporting period with less than 5 CDS interventions enabled you will not receive credit for this measure.
Graphic 2: Practice Fusion CDS Checklist