This measure requires that the Eligible Professional (EP) provide patient-specific education resources identified by the EHR for more than 10% of all unique patients with office visits seen during the reporting period. Providers can share education materials with patients in any manner (i.e. printed or delivered verbally).
Practice Fusion Meaningful Use Dashboard Calculation
- Denominator: Number of unique patients seen during the reporting period.
- Numerator: Number of patients in the denominator who are provided patient-specific education resources identified by the EHR.
Exclusion (learn more)
Any EP who has no office visits during the EHR reporting period is excluded from this measure.
- The Practice Fusion Meaningful Use Dashboard defines “unique patient” as a patient with a signed note with a date of service that is during your EHR reporting period with any of the following encounter types:
- Office Visit
- Home Visit
- Nursing Home Visit
- Telemedicine Visit
- Only the provider who signs the note receives denominator credit.
Numerator Requirements: Practice Fusion Suggested Workflow
Practice Fusion suggests the following workflow to ensure that you meet the numerator requirements of this measure within the Practice Fusion EHR.
- When in a patient-facing encounter, take note of when you are viewing, editing or recording data in the patient’s diagnosis list, lab results, or medication list.
- When viewing the applicable are of the EHR, click on Patient Education Materials in any diagnosis, lab result, or medication window and provide the resources to the patient (see Graphic 1 below).
Graphic 1: Patient Education Materials
- Review the CMS measure specifications for more information about this measure.