Practice Fusion has been recognized by CMS as a MIPS Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) for the 2017 performance year, and this offers several quality reporting benefits to your practice. QCDR participants will be able to:
- Streamline the data review and submission required for MIPS participation, regardless of the pace you have chosen (test, partial, or full year)
- Save time by reporting data for all three performances categories of MIPS directly through your EHR
- Earn bonus points for end-to-end electronic reporting in the Quality performance category
Who can participate in the Practice Fusion QCDR?
All Practice Fusion EHR users who were eligible to participate in MIPS in 2017 can register and consent to MIPS data submission using the Practice Fusion QCDR. Check your MIPS participation status on the CMS Quality Payment Program website. All QCDR participants must complete the registration and consent workflow in their MIPS Dashboard in order to submit data to CMS, even if you submitted a registration form outside the EHR earlier this year or in 2017. Follow the steps below to learn about completing the Practice Fusion QCDR registration and consent workflow in the MIPS Dashboard. The workflow to review, verify and submit your MIPS data to CMS will be available starting on March 1, 2018. Note: Completing this registration and consent workflow will not result in MIPS data being automatically sent to CMS.
1. From your MIPS Dashboard, open the Actions menu and select “Set up QCDR reporting.”
2. Review the registration and consent details, then click Begin reporting setup. This workflow includes the initial required steps for setting up your MIPS data that will be reported to CMS via the Practice Fusion QCDR, including:
- Indicating your practice’s Patient-Centered Medical Home status.
- Indicating whether you intend to report the Advancing Care Information (ACI) performance category.
- Claiming ACI Base Measure exclusions, if eligible.
- Attesting to required ACI Prevention of Information Blocking statements, if eligible.
- Providing consent to allow Practice Fusion to submit data to CMS on your behalf via the Practice Fusion QCDR.
3. Enter and verify the required information, including your NPI number, the Tax ID Number (TIN) that you use to submit Medicare Part B claims, and your preferred email address for QCDR communications. If your NPI and TIN details are already entered in your user profile, those fields will autofill; the email address will default to your Practice Fusion login email but can be edited if necessary. Check the verification box, then click Continue.
4. In the next few screens you will need to confirm the required details listed below:
- Your Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) status: If you’re in a certified or recognized patient-centered medical home, comparable specialty practice, or an Advanced Payment Model designated as a Medical Home Model, you’ll automatically earn full credit for the Improvement Activities performance category.
- Indicate intent to report Advancing Care Information in Practice Fusion: Confirm whether Practice Fusion should include the ACI performance category in your MIPS data generated for QCDR submission.
- Claim ACI measure exclusions, if eligible: If you intend to report ACI information in Practice Fusion, indicate whether you are claiming an exclusion for the e-Prescribing measure and/or the Health Information Exchange measure.
- Review and attest to the required ACI Information Blocking attestations: If you intend to report ACI information in Practice Fusion, MIPS eligible clinicians must attest to three statements about how they implement and use certified EHR technology (CEHRT). For more information about ACI Information Blocking attestations, click here.
5. After the details regarding data described above are completed, you will be asked to consent to have your MIPS data submitted to CMS via the Practice Fusion QCDR. Review and agree to the consent language, then click Finish setup.
6. Review your reporting setup summary to ensure it is complete.
- To make changes to select items in the setup, click Edit next to the item you want to change to be taken directly to that step.
- To restart your setup workflow, select Restart setup. If you choose to restart your setup, your previous selections will be cleared and you will be required to select each answer again.
- If there are no changes needed, click Close.
- Make sure that you have set up your MIPS Dashboard watch list to include the measures and activities you plan to submit to CMS. Measures and activities that are not included on your watch list will not be submitted to CMS when reporting via the Practice Fusion QCDR.
- Make sure all relevant chart notes from 2017 have been signed by the MIPS eligible clinician.
- All MIPS data must be reviewed and verified before it can be submitted to CMS via the Practice Fusion QCDR. Beginning March 1, 2018, MIPS data that is ready to be reviewed and verified by you will be accessible from the Actions menu of the MIPS Dashboard.