Practice Fusion EHR users who were eligible to participate in MIPS in 2017 have the option to export their MIPS performance data as a JSON file for manual submission to the CMS Quality Payment Program webportal. You can check your MIPS participations status at the same website. The deadline for submitting MIPS data to CMS for the 2017 performance year in March 31, 2018.
The CMS submission portal may become overloaded in the days leading up to March 31, 2018, so we encourage all Practice Fusion customers to submit data as early as possible. For information on submitting MIPS data to CMS directly through your Practice Fusion EHR, click here.
Before you get started
- Make sure all relevant chart notes from 2017 have been signed by the MIPS eligible clinician. Only the data from signed chart notes will be included in the measure calculation results included in your JSON file.
- Make sure that you have set up your MIPS Dashboard watch list to include the measures and activities you want included in your JSON file. Measures and activities that are not included on your watch list will not be exported to your JSON file.
Practice Fusion EHR users may generate a JSON file directly from the Practice Fusion MIPS Dashboard using the steps outlined below.
Exporting your MIPS performance data to a JSON file 1. From your MIPS Dashboard, click the Actions dropdown menu and select Export JSON for manual reporting.
2. In the window that opens, enter and verify the required information, including your individual NPI number and the Tax ID Number (TIN) that you use to submit Medicare Part B claims. If your NPI and TIN details are already entered in your user profile, those fields will autofill. Check the verification box, then click Continue.
3. In the next few screens you will need to confirm the required details listed below:
- Your Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) status: If you’re in a certified or recognized patient-centered medical home, comparable specialty practice, or an Advanced Payment Model designated as a Medical Home Model, you’ll automatically earn full credit for the Improvement Activities performance category.
- Indicate intent to report Advancing Care Information in Practice Fusion: Confirm whether Practice Fusion should include the ACI performance category in your MIPS data generated for QCDR submission.
- Claim ACI measure exclusions, if eligible: If you intend to report ACI information in Practice Fusion, indicate whether you are claiming an exclusion for the e-Prescribing measure and/or the Health Information Exchange measure.
- Review and attest to the required ACI Information Blocking attestations: If you intend to report ACI information in Practice Fusion, MIPS eligible clinicians must attest to three statements about how they implement and use certified EHR technology (CEHRT). For more information about ACI Information Blocking attestations, click here.
4. Once you have attested to the required ACI Information Blocking attestations, click Finish and generate JSON file.
5. Once your JSON file has been generated, it will be automatically saved to your Documents section in the EHR. You will need to download the JSON file to your computer prior to manually submitting the data to CMS at www.qpp.cms.gov. Manually downloading a MIPS JSON file from Practice Fusion will not automatically send data to CMS.
- For details on how to report 2017 MIPS performance data using the Practice Fusion QCDR, please click here.