Please note, even if there is a block in place for a particular provider, staff members will still have the ability to create an appointment for that same provider. However, patients would not have the ability to select an appointment for that provider using the online booking page.
The block that is put in place is a way to indicate that there is a block set in that particular time slot to be aware of. You may hover your mouse over the block to see which provider it is for and also to see what type of block it is.
To schedule the block:
1) Within the Scheduler, select the Week or Day tab.
2) Click on the time slot during which you'd like to schedule the block. Toggle from the With Patient tab to Block Time tab along the top of the window
3) Select a provider or staff member in the "Block time for" drop-down menu
4) Set the facility, when, and duration for the block time, if we should repeat.
5) Enter an optional "Description" and/or "Date".
6) Choose Save.
Blocks may be created for a single user, single facility, or the entire practice. This will allow your practice to designate office hours in the Settings section, while blocking your specified lunch hour, vacation day, or out of office.
These steps may also be followed in the Day tab of the Schedule. Blocks entered through the Day tab are automatically assigned to the provider whose schedule you're editing, and may not be set for the entire facility/practice.