Disable ad blockers for Practice Fusion to receive critical updates, service alerts, and EHR downtime notifications. This will also help to ensure that you are able to successfully use all features throughout the EHR. Ad blockers can be disabled specifically for Practice Fusion without affecting other websites.
Critical updates include:
Potential browser and operating system security threats
Government regulatory deadlines
Renewal information for e-prescribing or other services
Service alerts include:
Upgrades or updates to current EHR services
New services which are available to your practice
Updates for any service interruptions or known issues
Downtime notifications include:
- Alerts the week of any scheduled EHR maintenance
To disable ad blockers on any web browser, you will need to manage your extensions. Please follow the steps below based on your specific browser.
To disable this on Chrome please follow the instructions below:
1. Select the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
2. Hover over the More tools option
3. Click Extensions
4. Un-check/disable any extension that is an ad blocker
5. Close Chrome down completely and reopen.
Alternatively, you can click on the icon to the right of the address bar when accessing Practice Fusion. Selecting Don't run on pages on this domain will be sufficient.
To disable this on Firefox please follow the instructions below:
1. Click on the three horizontal lines in the top right hand corner
2. Click Add-ons from the menu bar
3. Select the Extensions tab
4. Select the ad blocker from the list of installed extensions
5. Click Disable
6. Close Firefox down completely and re-open.
Alternatively, you can click on the icon to the right of the address bar when accessing Practice Fusion. Selecting Disable on static.practicefusion.com will be sufficient.
To disable this on Internet Explorer please follow the instructions below:
1. If you have downloaded any type of ad blocker, click on the gear icon in Internet Explorer
2. Click Manage add-ons
3. Select under Add-on Types, Toolbars and Extensions
4. Here you should see any ad blockers listed. Make sure they are disabled.
5. Close Internet Explorer down completely and re-open.
If you have an ad blocker enabled and allowed on your status bar on the bottom of the Internet Explorer Page, you can disable it by following these steps.
1. Click on the Red ABP at the bottom of the page
2. Click Disable on static.practicefusion.com
If you are not able to locate your ad blocker and disable it, please contact our Customer Service team here.