Population health management is an approach to patient care that emphasizes empowering providers in primary care or other specialties with information about their patients to help improve care and clinical outcomes. Read more about population health management from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
Practice Fusion helps you manage your patients’ health by providing you with tools to assess outcomes at a population level directly within your EHR. This platform is a set of powerful tools to help you track and manage your progress on efforts to improve quality and outcomes for your patients.
The Practice Fusion population health management platform includes:
- Clinical decision support notifications at the point of care to alert you that you are seeing a patient who may need attention.
- Clinical programs that help providers identify patients who are at risk or are missing recommended tests or treatments.
Clinical Decision Support (CDS) Notifications
Clinical decision support (CDS) notifications suggest tests or screenings at the point of care, based on patient medical history, including demographics, diagnoses, medications, lab results and others.
In addition to improving care for individual patients, CDS notifications can help make quality measurement and monitoring part of your workflow and boost outcomes for your whole patient population.
Population Health Clinical Programs
Practice Fusion offers multiple PHM clinical programs to help identify certain at-risk patients and streamline treatment plans.
- The Adult Vaccination PHM program helps providers easily identify patients who have not received the CDC recommended vaccinations. Click here to learn more.
- The Weight Management PHM program helps providers better manage patients whose BMI falls outside of the clinically appropriate range (overweight or underweight). Click here to learn more.
- The COPD/Asthma PHM program helps providers streamline care plans and identify medications, treatments, and ACT assessments for COPD/Asthma patients. Click here to learn more.