Tasks are one of the most powerful practice management resources in your EHR. Several different types of tasks are currently available:
- Custom reminders
- Lab/imaging: Incomplete orders
- Lab results: Ready for review
- Medication history
- Patient Intake (Online Check-In)
- Refill requests
- Undelivered fax referrals
- Unsigned documents
- Unsigned encounters
- Unsubmitted superbills
Viewing your Tasks
In addition to All Tasks in your practice and My Tasks, tasks are separated out by category for easier reviewing. Note: Each user in your practice will be able to customize the tabs that are visible and the order that they appear. For more information, please see How do I customize my Tasks section?
1. Filter by Task Type
2. Filter by patient (search by patient name, DOB, SSN, or PRN)
3. Filter by Status of the task
4. Filter by Time range
5. Filter by Provider
Processing your Tasks
To process a task, select the prompt within the Actions column. Each action is associated with the particular task type. For example, you will be prompted to sign your encounters and to view unsigned documents.
Possible actions may also include reassigning a task to another and marking a task complete without further action.
1. Reassign tasks to another user (does not apply to all tasks)
2. Mark as complete without further action