In order to successfully transmit a patient's immunization record to the state immunization registry, the patient's administered vaccines must be entered and contain all required information.
1. To access a patient's immunization section, click the "Go to" drop down on the patient's Summary tab and select Immunizations.
2. Click Add vaccine and select Administered to enter a vaccine that your office administered to your patient. Alternatively, select Historical to record previous vaccinations or Refused to document vaccines that the patient has refused.
3. Search for and select the vaccination, and complete all of the required Administered vaccination details. You may search for vaccines by brand name or vaccine name, and Practice Fusion will automatically display the corresponding brand and vaccine names. If you select a vaccination that is not in your inventory, enter a valid lot number, expiration date, manufacturer, and dose.
When entering a vaccine to transmit to your immunization registry, you will need to complete the following fields in order for the information to transmit successfully:
Administered by - The provider who administered the vaccine.
Ordered by - The provider who ordered the vaccine.
Administered facility - The facility where the vaccine was administered. In order for the vaccine to transmit to the registry, the selected facility must be connected to your state registry.
Registry notifications - This field refers to how a person wishes to be contacted in a reminder or recall situation.
VFC Financial Class
You must have an NPI number entered for either Administering or Ordering provider prior to saving the vaccine. If this information is missing for both providers, you will receive an alert at the top of the window. You may quickly enter the NPI number by clicking the links within the alert.
4. Select the Transmit all button. Alternatively, select the option to Transmit to state registry from the Actions drop-down menu.
If you do not have the option to Transmit to state registry or you see the option to Connect to registry, this means you have not completed the set-up process to transmit immunization files to your state registry. Please see this post for instructions on how to complete this set-up process.
You can review the registry transmission status of each immunization entered in the patient's chart under the Date Transmitted/Registry column.
Updating existing vaccines
If you are currently electronically connected with an immunization registry, you will see an alert next to any documented vaccines that are missing required information. You will need to update the vaccine details to successfully submit the data to your immunization registry.
1. Click on the vaccine to open the details pane.
2. Enter the required fields, then click Save.
For more information, see: