In October 2015, CMS released a final rule that modified the requirements for participation in the EHR Incentive Program (Meaningful Use) for years 2015 through 2017. Eligible professionals (EP) using Practice Fusion to report on Meaningful Use requirements will be participating in Modified Stage 2 of Meaningful Use for the 2017 reporting year.
Per CMS, all providers who have not successfully demonstrated meaningful use in a prior year and are seeking to demonstrate meaningful use for the first time in 2017 to avoid the 2018 payment adjustment must attest to these Modified Stage 2 objectives and measures.
2014 Edition Certification
Practice Fusion's EHR Version 3.6 is 2014 Edition Certified. Visit our Certification Center for more information.
What are the Modified Stage 2 objectives for 2017?
Every participating provider will complete and attest to a single set of 10 objectives and measures, and 9 clinical quality measures (CQMs) to successfully demonstrate meaningful use. Existing exclusions may apply for some measures that may be outside the scope of your practice, but please note that for 2017 there will be no alternate exclusions available for Modified Stage 2 objectives.
Please click on the links below to learn more about each measure.
- Objective 1: Protect Electronic Health Information
- Objective 2: Clinical Decision Support Rule
- Objective 3: CPOE for Medication, Lab, and Radiology Orders
- Objective 4: e-Prescribing (eRx)
- Objective 5: Health Information Exchange
- Objective 6: Patient Specific Education Resources
- Objective 7: Medication Reconciliation
- Objective 8: Patient Electronic Access
- Objective 9: Secure Electronic Messaging
- Objective 10: Public Health
In addition to the 10 objectives, providers must also report 9 CQMs aligned with three of the following National Quality Strategy (NQS) domains:
- Patient and family engagement
- Patient safety
- Care coordination
- Population and public health
- Efficient use of healthcare resources
- Clinical processes/effectiveness
For more information about the 2017 EHR Incentive Program requirements, please click here.
For more information about the Modified Stage 2 requirements for 2017, please click here.