WAIIS, Washington's State Immunization Registry, accepts HL7 2.5.1 files.
How do I connect Practice Fusion with my registry in order to meet Medicaid's Meaningful Use requirements?
1. To participate, an eligible provider must have an existing information sharing agreement with the WAIIS before contacting the WAIIS help desk.
- Eligible providers must register for Meaningful Use Modified Stage 2 within 60 calendar days of the start of their reporting period. The WAIIS has up to 30 days to respond to the Registration.
- Currently WAIIS is prioritizing providers who are Stage 2 Vaccine for Children participants, and moving forward with those providers only on a first come, first serve basis. Providers who are not Stage 2 or not VFC participants should not expect to be contacted with further instructions until 2015.
- According to CMS, providers who register within 60 days of the start of their reporting period and are still awaiting an invitation to begin testing and validation at the end of their reporting period can attest yes to achieving active engagement.
Note: if you are a Medicare clinician participating in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), additional guidance for new registrations has not yet been provided. If you have already completed WAIIS registration previously, your active engagement will continue. If you are a new registrant, please contact WAIIS directly for information.
2. Once WAIIS communicates that they are ready to move forward, sign up for an integration through Practice Fusion in Immunization Settings.
- Ensure that the following information has been accurately entered into the EHR in the applicable areas: Provider name, Primary facility address, and NPI. Note: For instructions on editing your EHR Settings, click here.
- Navigate to Settings --> Vaccines and immunizations--> Immunization registry.
- Under Step 2: Connect, select Connect an EHR facility to your state registry.
- Select the facility name with which you are registering.
- Select "Washington - Washington State Immunization Information System (WAIIS)" from the Receiving Registry drop-down list.
- Enter your facilityid, facilityname, userid, and password. Select the “i” icon for additional information about each credential. If you are not sure of what your organization ID is, please contact WAIIS. Remember that WAIIS will only provide these credentials once you have been contacted to move forward with immunization integration.
- Click Register to begin the testing and validation process.
3. Activate your immunization integration in the Immunization Settings page.
- Once you have registered for integration within Practice Fusion, return to the Immunization Settings page and activate your integration.
- Immediately, contact our Customer Service team to transition your practice to the WAIIS testing facility.
4. Submit immunization records directly to the WAIIS testing environment
- After our Customer Service team has transitioned you to the WAIIS testing environment, begin electronically transmitting immunization files using the steps below for the period of time designated by WAIIS.
- Go to the Immunizations section of a patient chart and click Transmit all. Alternatively, click the Actions button and selectTransmit to state registry.
- It is important to send vaccine administration records for as many different vaccines (CVX) codes as possible. Please include Administered and Historical vaccine records for patients of all age groups.
5. Submit immunization records directly to the WAIIS production environment
- Once WAIIS has notified you that you are ready to send immunization messages to their production environment, please contact Customer Service to request to be transitioned to Production.
- You can then continue to submit immunization data to WAIIS using the steps outlined in Step 4. Be sure to transmit the immunization file to the state registry for each patient whose immunization record you update.
Please report any problems or difficulties to Dr. Bryant Thomas Karras, Washington State Department of Health Meaningful Use Coordinator: email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org.