Does NYC CIR accept HL7 2.5.1 files?
New York City’s Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) accepts HL7 2.5.1 files.
How do I connect Practice Fusion with my registry for Meaningful Use (Medicaid) or MIPS (Medicare)?
1. Create a Health Commerce System Account
- To initialize the onboarding process for your practice, you must create an HCS account at the following link: https://apps.health.ny.gov/pub/usertop.html
- If you require assistance during the account creation process, please refer to this guide: https://apps.health.ny.gov/pub/ctrldocs/paperless_edoc2.pdf
- After completing your HCS Account Creation, you should receive a confirmation email that your account has been created.
- Now that you have your account, you will need to register your practice's intent to submit data for Meaningful Use or MIPS. You can find the link here: https://commerce.health.state.ny.us/
- Navigate to the applications tab, click on "M" and find Meaningful Use Registration for Public Health. The same registration link will apply for MIPS clinicians.
- Follow the instructions to add a new registration for the practice you wish to enroll. For more detail, please refer here: http://www.health.ny.gov/technology/meaningful_use_guidance/docs/mu_registration_manual_professionals.pdf
2. Confidentiality Agreement
- After enrolling a practice, you should receive a confirmation email. Be sure to keep this email for your records.
- You should shortly receive a confidentiality agreement. Fill this out and return it to the CIR.
- The CIR may give you several transport options for sending your messages. Make sure to choose the SOAP option.
3. CIR will reach out to arrange a phone call to share your credentials. During this call, CIR will assist you with electronic integration, activation, and transmission through Practice Fusion. All steps are outlined below in steps 4 through 6.
4. Sign up for an integration through Practice Fusion in Immunization Settings
- Ensure that the following information has been accurately entered into the EHR in the applicable areas: Provider name, Primary facility address, and NPI. Note: For instructions on editing your EHR Settings, click here.
- Navigate to Settings --> Vaccines and immunizations--> Immunization registry.
- Under Step 2: Connect, select Connect an EHR facility to your state registry.
- Select the facility name with which you are registering.
- Select "New York - New York City - New York Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR)" from the Receiving Registry drop-down list.
- Enter your facilityid, password, and username as provided by CIR. Select the “i” icon for additional information about each credential. Please contact the New York City registry for these credentials.
- Click Register to begin the testing and validation process.
5. Activate your immunization integration in the Immunization registry page
Once you have registered for electronic integration, visit the Immunization registry settings and immediately activate your integration.
6. Submit immunization records directly to your local registry on an ongoing basis
- Once activated, you will be able to electronically submit immunization files to NYC CIR for each patient.
- Go to the Immunizations section of the chart and select Transmit all. Alternatively, click the Actions button and select Transmit to state registry.
- This will be your ongoing workflow when transmitting immunization files to NYC CIR.
For further assistance, you may reach out to CIR using the contact information below:
- Emily DeMeo: firstname.lastname@example.org or (347) 396-2586
- CIR Interoperability Team: MUTracking@health.nyc.gov
- MURPH Outreach Team: (877) 646-5410, Option 2 or email@example.com