If a patient did not receive their appointment reminder via email, please check the following:
- Ensure the correct email address is listed in the Profile section of the patient chart
- Ensure the practice appointment reminder settings are enabled
- Ensure the patient's appointment reminder settings are enabled
See below for detailed instructions on each step:
1. Check the Profile section of the patient's chart to ensure they have a valid email address listed.
It is also possible to remove the patient’s email address when scheduling an
appointment. If the email address is edited or removed during the scheduling
process, the appointment reminder will not be received.
2. Check that the feature is enabled within your practice settings at the practice and provider-level. Select Settings in the top-right corner of the EHR and select Patient communications under "Patient Engagement".
From the Appointment reminders tab, an administrator can enable appointment reminders for the entire practice or for particular providers.
3. Ensure that the appointment reminder feature
has not been disabled for the patient. You can confirm this within their Profile
tab by reviewing the Enable email notifications for this
patient setting. Please make sure that the
setting is toggled to On.
For more information, please see: What is the appointment reminder process?