Clinical information reconciliation has been added to Practice Fusion as a certification requirement for Meaningful Use Stage 2. While this feature is not currently tied to a specific measure, it is an in-product requirement for certification. (Note: This does not count towards the count toward the Medication Reconciliation measure.)
If you have received a Continuity of Care Record or Continuity of Care Document, you can upload the file within the Documents section of your EHR. CCR or CCD files can be read and uploaded by any EHR that is compatible with HL7 2.5.1 document types - including Practice Fusion.
Importing a CCD/CCR document:
1. To upload your CCR or CCD file, select Tasks from the left navigation bar and click the Documents tab.
2. Click Upload and choose your CCR or CCD file. Note: While you may upload CCR or CCD documents of any file type, Practice Fusion can only read CCDs and CCRs that are in .xml.
3. Assign the document to a specific patient. Under Document Type, select 'Continuity of Care Record' or 'Continuity of Care Document'. Note: If you choose another Document Type for the CCR or CCD file, you will not be able to view it within the EHR.
4. Enter applicable document details and click Save.
Reconciling a CCD/CCR file:
Once you have uploaded and saved the document, you can reconcile it with the associated patient’s chart. Reconciling data will automatically add that structured information (ie: Medications, Allergies) to the associated section of the patient’s chart.
1. Click the arrow next to the Sign button and select Reconcile.
2. Any item in green are from the CCDA file. You can ignore items in the CCDA file, or click Add to automatically add that structured information to the patient’s chart. Items in black are already recorded in the patient's chart. Clicking Delete will remove that existing entry from the patient’s chart.
3. Once you have reconciled the document, click Save.
For more information, see: How do I export a patient record (clinical document)?