This article will help you when signing up to send prescriptions electronically with Practice Fusion using ID.me Identity Verification process.
There are two sections of the e-prescribing (eRx) verification process that will need to be confirmed prior to becoming enabled:
- Personal identity
- Medical credentials
If you get a message on the ID.me site that tells you that your identity couldn’t be verified, it simply means they couldn’t match all of the information you provided with the information available in the electronic records used for verification.
There are many reasons you may not be able to pass identity proofing:
- You have moved within the last year
- You have had a legal name change
- There is erroneous information in your credit file
- You already have verified your identity with ID.me
- The information entered is incorrect or mistyped
If you continue to fail the identity proofing process, we recommend you check your official records to make sure the information you are entering is accurate and typed correctly.
After several failed attempts to verify your identity, the system will automatically lock your account. There is a 72-hour waiting period after account lockout before you may attempt to verify your identity again.
Medical Credential Verification
After completing ID.me verification, your medical credentials will be sent to our team for review. This process can take up to 10 business days to be completed.
If you have received a notification from our Customer Service team indicating that your credentials could not be verified, this may be due to the following reasons:
- The name entered in your Practice Fusion user profile does not match the name you passed your ID.me identity verification with.
- The person attempting to sign up for eRx is completing the verification process under the incorrect Practice Fusion login email address.
- You have entered invalid medical credentials.
- Your state does not permit e-prescribing for your specialty.
- You do not have sufficient credentials to e-prescribe.
- Other restrictions may apply.