How do I connect Practice Fusion with my registry in order to meet Medicaid's Meaningful Use requirements?
1. Register with NJIIS
- Go to the documents section of NJIIS’s website.
- Click on “NJIIS Interface Enrollment Request Form” link and complete the online form. The Interface Enrollment Request Form can only be submitted online.
- Please note that HL7 is the required “File Format.” Select Web Service for “Interface Type.” A bi-directional interface is not an available feature in Practice Fusion at this time.
- Once you submit your enrollment form online, you will automatically receive an email confirming receipt of your enrollment request form providing you with an enrollment form number, key, and URL to the NJIIS smoke test page.
- Click on this email link and you will be re-directed to the smoke test site to validate and submit your HL7 2.3.1 or 2.5.1 message. Once at the site, “copy and paste” the following message contents into the text box and then click "Validate". Be sure to remove any spaces that get added at the end of each line.
PID|1||D504580^^^Practice Fusion^MR~682-17-3783^^^MAA^SS||Bright^Lynn^^^^^L||19800501|M|||643 Atlantic Avenue^^Oakland^CA^94617^USA^L||^PRN^PH^^^886^5033056|||||||||
PD1|||||||||||09^Reminder to provider^HL70215|N|20140106|||||
RXA|0|1|20140106|20140106|119^Rotavirus, monovalent, 2 dose schedule^CVX|0.5|mL^MilliLiter [SI Volume Units]^UCUM||00^New immunization record^NIP001||^^^SFB Dev Practice^^^^^123 Main Street^^Oakland^CA^94601||||A8448487|20140509|SKB^GlaxoSmithKline^MVX|||CP|A|20140612||||
OBX|1|CE|64994-7^Vaccine funding program eligibility category^LN|1|V05^VFC eligible - Federally Qualified Health Center Patient (under-insured)^HL70064||||||F||||||VXC40^Eligibility captured at the immunization level^CDCPHINVS
OBX|2|CE|30956-7^vaccine type^LN|2|119^Rotavirus, monovalent, 2 dose schedule^CVX||||||F||||||
- Click “Submit” on the parser tool after entering the enrollment form number and key from the automated email.
- Upon successful validation and submission of your HL7 smoke test file, you will receive a confirmation on your web browser and via email.
- You must submit your test file within 30 days, or your Interface Enrollment Request will be closed.
- Once the HL7 message has been successfully sent electronically via the NJIIS smoke test page, you will receive an email that you have been moved to Phase 2 of the enrollment testing process.
Note: if you are a Medicare clinician participating in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), additional guidance for new registrations has not yet been provided. If you have already completed NJIIS registration previously, your active engagement will continue. If you are a new registrant, please contact NJIIS directly for information.
2. Upon receipt of this email, sign up for an integration through Practice Fusion in Immunization Settings
- Ensure that the following information has been accurately entered into the EHR in the applicable areas: Provider name, Primary facility address, and NPI. Note: For instructions on editing your EHR Settings, click here.
- Navigate to Settings --> Vaccines and immunizations--> Immunization registry.
- Under Step 2: Connect, select Connect an EHR facility to your state registry.
- Select the facility name with which you are registering.
- Select "New Jersey - New Jersey Immunization Information SystemExternal (NJIIS)" from the Receiving Registry drop-down list.
- Enter your facilityid, facilitykey, and njiisproviderid (which should be the same for testing and production and were sent to you via email by NJIIS). If you do not know any of the information required in this section, make sure to contact NJIIS. Select the “i” icon for additional information about each credential.
- Click Register to begin the testing and validation process.
3. Activate your immunization integration in the Immunization Settings page
- Once you have registered for integration within Practice Fusion, return to the Immunization settings page and activate your integration.
- Immediately, contact our Customer Service team to transition your practice to the NJIIS testing facility.
4. Submit immunization records directly to NJIIS
- After you have been transitioned to the testing environment, begin electronically transmitting immunization files using the steps below for the period of time designated by NJIIS (typically 30 days).
- Go to the Immunizations section of the chart and click Transmit all. Alternatively, click the Actions button and select Transmit to state registry.
- Once NJIIS has notified you that you are ready to send immunization messages to their production environment, please contact Customer Service to request to be transitioned to Production.
- You can then continue submitted immunization data to NJIIS using the steps outlined above.
For additional information about attestation for Meaningful Use, please contact NJ-HITEC or check their website for additional information.
For additional inquiries, you can contact NJIIS via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 609.826.4861.