Note: Access to the EHR features described in this article may differ for practices who have already purchased a Practice Fusion EHR subscription plan. Please contact Practice Fusion Customer Service for additional information.
You can easily e-prescribe multiple medications in a single order.
1. You can create a prescription in 3 locations:
- In the Summary tab of the patient’s chart
- Within the Plan section of a SOAP encounter
- Within a lab result
3. Click Order.
4. There are two ways to add an additional medications:
- Use the Search for medication box (searching for a medication will add a new medication to the patient’s chart).
- Click the blue fly-out in the upper-left of the order window to select a medication from the Patient Rx List or Provider Rx List.
Note: Each time an additional medication is added to the order, the system will run an interaction and formulary check. Additionally, once a medication has been added to the order, it will remain in the patient’s medication list even if you delete the specific medication from the order or delete the entire order.
5. Complete the Order details for the first medication.
6. Click Next to complete the Order details for additional medications.
7. If there are any new interactions, they will need to be overridden before continuing with the order.
Note: If there are no new interactions, this screen will not be required. If multiple interactions need to be overridden, you can complete them individually or together.
8. On the Order Summary, select the pharmacy for all medications in the order. Practice Fusion will also automatically display an eCoupon notification for eligible medications on the Order Summary.
9. Click Send eRx, Print Rx, or Record Rx.
Note: If a single item in the order cannot be prescribed electronically (ie: Controlled substance), the ‘Send eRx’ option will not be available. In those cases, you must print the prescription.
10. To see the status of each e-prescription, select e-Prescriptions under the patient’s Timeline. Alternatively, you can use the e-Prescription Report in the Reports section of the EHR.