Practice Fusion's 2017 Medicaid Meaningful Use Dashboard is designed to help you track your progress toward meeting Meaningful Use objectives and assist with attestation. For more information on Meaningful Use, please visit the Meaningful Use Center.
If you are a Medicare clinician, you will no longer be participating in the EHR Incentive Program (Meaningful Use). Eligible Medicare Part B clinicians have entered a new payment framework called the Quality Payment Program (QPP). The Quality Payment Program has two paths for participation:
For more information on QPP requirements for 2017, please click the links above.
Click the link below to view the related section:Electronic Clinical Quality Measures (eCQMs)
You can access the Meaningful Use dashboard within the Reports section of the EHR.
Once the dashboard has opened, you may select the attesting provider name and your attestation year.
Next, select the gear icon to set up your attestation details:
- Whether you plan to attest
- Meaningful Use start year
- Reporting Period
The “Program” field will default to Medicaid and the “Attestation Stage” field will default to Stage 2.
If you’re selecting a custom 90-day reporting period, you can adjust your reporting period start date by clicking on the calendar icon to the right of the Reporting Period date field. Once you change the start date, your requested custom reporting period will take up to 48 hours to process. Please note that you may only request one reporting period at a time.
- 2017 Attestation Year: All providers participating in Meaningful Use will be reporting on Stage 2 objectives and will be required report on data for at least 90 days. Within the Practice Fusion Meaningful Use Dashboard, you have the flexibility to choose between a 90-day or full year reporting period. You may contact your state Medicaid agency to confirm which reporting period applies to you.
Once you have selected your attestation details, click Update.
Once your settings are selected, the dashboard will display:
- Your reporting period end date
- Your recommended attestation deadline
- The status of your 10 Objectives
- Practice Fusion’s CMS Certification ID and EHR Version Number
- The last date the data was updated through
If at any time you’d like to view your progress for a previously selected reporting period, click the Gear icon and select Load a previous reporting period. Select one of your previous reporting periods to immediately view your calculations for that time frame.
Any user in your practice has the ability to view a provider’s Meaningful Use dashboard. Administrators or users with a Phys/MD/DO edit level may edit all fields on the dashboard, including selecting exclusions or marking an objective or measure as complete. Phys/MD/DO edit level providers who are not administrators can adjust only their own dashboards. Non-administrators may not mark any objective or measure as complete, but may adjust the settings and reporting period within the dashboard header.
- The Meaningful Use dashboard calculations update every 48 hours.
- Patients are defined as “seen during the EHR reporting period” when they have an encounter with a date of service that is during your EHR reporting period with any of the following encounter types: Office Visit, Home Visit, Telemedicine Visit, or Nursing Home Visit.
- Only signed encounters will be counted for the purposes of these objectives, so make sure to sign your encounters to see accurate progress for each objective.
- For each objective based on a signed encounter, only the provider who signs the encounter will receive numerator and denominator credit.
The dashboard displays the ten objectives a provider needs to meet during the designated reporting period. To the right of the Objectives header, you can review your overall status.
Any specific objective marked with a green checkmark means the provider is currently meeting this requirement. An orange exclamation point indicates that the provider is below the required goal. To understand your progress, compare the Goal column, which shows the minimum requirement, to the Current column, which contains either the percentage of completion or a checkbox to mark that you are meeting the objective.
- Criteria completed outside of the EHR (e.g. Objective 1: Protect Patient Health Information) are not automatically calculated by the dashboard. To note this on your dashboard, check the Complete button under the Current column to log that the objective is complete. You must also maintain supporting documentation for your records and it is recommended that documentation be retained for at least 6 years.
- If you believe an objective or specific measure does not apply to your scope of practice, you may be eligible for an exclusion. To note an exclusion on your dashboard, use the toggle in the Exclusion column to mark the exclusion as “Claimed” and select the reason for exclusion. You must also maintain supporting documentation of the exclusion for your records in case of an audit. For more information, see What are exclusions for Meaningful Use?
- Chart all patient visits using Practice Fusion.
- Remember that Meaningful Use applies to all patients you see, regardless of their insurance.
- Select the appropriate year and reporting period duration in your Meaningful Use dashboard to ensure you are in an active reporting period.
For more information on how each objective is calculated, please see our related resource below. Please note that these requirements apply to the most current attestation year.
- Use the gap report to see which patients need to be updated on specific objectives or measures. To access the gap report for a specific objective or measure, click on the associated numerator/denominator. In the list of patient names that opens, you may click on the patient name to access the patient’s chart.If you feel your numbers aren’t accurate in the dashboard, make sure you have finalized and signed all of your encounters for visits during the reporting period.
- If you feel your numbers aren’t accurate in the dashboard, make sure you have signed all of your encounters for patient visits during your selected reporting period.
To print your Meaningful Use dashboard, click the Actions dropdown menu in the upper right corner and select Print current report.
- Make sure you complete the objective criteria during your reporting period, not after.
- If you believe a specific objective or measure does not apply to your scope of practice, you may be eligible for an exclusion.
- For more information on how to meet an objective or measure, click on the name of the objective and select “Learn More” from the pop-out to be taken to a more detailed Knowledge Base article.
The 2017 eCQMs are not yet available for selection within the 2017 Meaningful Use dashboard. We are continuing to actively work to further enhance product functionality for the 2017 eCQMs and we will be giving further updates as they become available.
For more information on 2017 Meaningful Use requirements, click here.
To visit Practice Fusion’s Meaningful Use Center, click here.