Kareo Users: Improved billing is hereStarting January 30th, all Kareo users will switch to the improved Superbill workflow. Upgrades include:
- Improved billing reports and error coding.
- Better integration with Kareo rendering providers and service locations.
- Referring providers now automatically populate from your Kareo list.
New feature: Prescribe multiple medications in a single orderContinuing our commitment to delivering the features you request more quickly, we're excited to announce that you can now e-prescribe multiple medications in a single order.
- Reduce double-entry by ordering all your patient’s prescriptions in a single electronic order.
- Modify or edit each prescription to ensure SIG, script date, refill count and more are accurate prior to sending.
- Drug-drug and drug-allergy interaction checks will still display for each individual medication, helping you meet Meaningful Use measures and ensure quality of care.
- Spend more time with your patients and less time clicking by streamlining your e-prescription process for each encounter.
To learn how get started with multi-medication e-prescription, view our step-by-step guide in Knowledge base.
Meaningful Use/PQRS: New dashboards now availablePractice Fusion’s new dashboard includes improvements to make measures easier to understand, make attestation simpler, and help ensure your practice is earning incentives and avoiding penalties. The new dashboard is available from the Reports section of your EHR. To learn more about Practice Fusion’s new dashboards, click here.
Labs and Imaging updates:
- Lab and imaging results now display much faster to ensure patients are being diagnosed and treated as efficiently as possible.
- Legacy lab and imaging orders from the previous EHR version can now be viewed from the patient's Timeline. To open a patients legacy orders, navigate to the Timeline section of their chart and select Legacy lab/imaging orders. Legacy orders will be displayed in a read-only format.
- EHR Help menu now includes links to Knowledge Base, our new user-generated database which provides instant answers to all of your EHR questions.
- Providers can now administer an Asthma Control Test as part of the patient’s note to help assess a control over asthma symptoms. To record the test, navigate to the Screening/Intervention/Assessment section and search “Asthma Control Test”. A CDS alert will also display for asthma patients who have not completed an Asthma Control Test in over 6 months. To manage your CDS alerts, click here.
- Providers and staff can now create practice-wide blocked time for scheduling holidays, lunch hours, and more.
- Facilities are now included on the schedule in real-time, with no need to refresh or log out when adding new facility locations.
- Blocked times in the past can now be edited and revised at any time.
- Editing a patients name in the schedule now updates in real-time, reflecting the most accurate information.
- Fixed Bug: Adding templates to a note resulted in text being inserted in errant locations. This issue has been resolved and all chart note templates are now flowing correctly.
- Fixed Bug: Clicking "Print Labels" would occasionally hide the summary section. This issued has been resolved with all information displaying and labels printing correctly.
- Lab/Imaging results dates have been reformatted in the PHR to reflect the date results are received or created. This will help providers and patients who were concerned about missing results or had difficulty locating them on PatientFusion.com.
- Performance for responding to online booked appointments has been improved to 5-10 minutes (previously this took 10-12 hours).