All new features and product upgrades are made exclusively in the new EHR.
Request priority access by contacting customer support.
Introducing: Online Check-in
Practice Fusion is excited to announce that Online Check-In is now a part of the new EHR. Patients can now complete custom intake forms before the visit through the appointment reminder email or Patient Fusion account. Best of all, there’s no need to manually enter the form’s responses into your EHR — the information will flow directly into the patient’s chart note.
This week we’re releasing one of our highest requested features: recurring appointments for your scheduler. Appointments can now be set to repeat on a daily or weekly occurrence with just a few clicks. Specific appointments can also be edited and modified for last-minute changes without changing the entire series.
To schedule a recurring appointment, simply check the box for Repeat next to the appointment time to display the recurrence options.
When editing or deleting an appointment in series, you’ll be prompted to make changes to the individual appointment, or the entire series.
Appointments in series can be easily identified by the repeating arrow icon next to appointment type.
- New templates and template items can be added from the encounter note by selecting Add Template or Add item to template in the templates toolbox.
- Templates with multiple note-assist fields can now be navigated using the [Tab] key.
- Patient search now defaults to last provider selected. Only active providers will display.
- Previous encounter templates now retain formatting to allow providers to select between specific sections, paragraphs, or the entire note.
- Improved linking from CDS alerts to allow for completion of the alert for Medication Reconciliation.
- Providers can now change note type during the encounter.
- When switching from a simple note to a SOAP note, any information present will be transferred to the subjective section.
- SOAP notes with information in the objective, assessment, or plan sections will not convert to simple notes (all information must be moved to the Subjective section before changing note type).
- Note types can be created and managed in the Chart note types section of your EHR Settings.
Lab and Imaging updates:Results
- All tests and observations now roll up into the order level in the patient’s timeline to provide more concise and relevant information for the provider.
- Adjusted sizing and layout of lab results to ensure your patients are spending less time looking at their screens, and more time focusing on the patient.
- You can now create tasks for any unsigned chart notes created prior to July 2014.
- Superbill tasks can be enabled or disabled from the Chart note types section of your EHR settings. When enabled, this will automatically generate a “Complete superbill” task for each SOAP note created.
Messaging and referral updates:
- Improved printing styles on referrals and messages.
- Contact information can now be edited from the referral window.