The database of medications that are available to e-prescribe through Practice Fusion come from the Medispan medication list. We currently cannot add custom medications per request to this library.
Creating a custom medication
1. You can add and prescribe a medication in 3 locations:
- In the Summary tab of the patient’s chart
- Within the Plan section of a SOAP encounter
- Within a lab result
3. First try searching for the medication by the first few letters, and then by the whole name. Additionally, please try adding or removing spaces between the medication name, dosage, and dosage unit (i.e. Amoxicillin 400 MG/5ML vs. Amoxicillin 400mg/5ML). If applicable, you can also search by the generic name.
4. If you are still unable to locate the particular medication and dosage, enter the exact medication into the search bar, including the dosage.
5. You will then be given the option to Add custom med for "[Medication name]".
Please Note: Custom medications will not be added to your medication database, or your frequently prescribed medications list. You will have to follow the steps above for each individual patient.