The Delaware Immunization Information System and Registry (DelVAX) is able to accept HL7 2.5.1 files.
How do I connect Practice Fusion with my registry?
1. In order to begin the testing and submission process, you must first register your intent to submit immunization files with DelVAX
Create a DelVAX user account by completing the Facility Code Request Form: http://www.dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/dpc/files/delvaxfacilitycodereq.pdf
You will be contacted by a DelVAX Administrator once your information is received and processed. Your information will be returned to you via email. Please make sure a valid email address is on the form. DelVAX will provide your Facility ID, which will be required when completing the electronic integration with Practice Fusion.
If you experience any problems while registering or have a question regarding DelVAX, please reach out via email at Cheryl.Oliver-Knight@state.de.us or Fred.Bailey@state.de.us
2. Upon receipt of the credentials, complete the registration for electronic submission of immunization in Practice Fusion.
Ensure that the following information has been accurately entered into the EHR in the applicable areas: provider name, primary facility address, and NPI. Note: For instructions on editing your EHR Settings, click here.
Navigate to Settings --> Vaccines and immunizations--> Immunization registry.
Under Step 2: Connect, select Connect an EHR facility to your state registry.
- Select the Practice Fusion facility with which you'd like to connect. You may register each facility in your practice separately.
Choose Delaware- Delaware Immunization Information System and Registry (DelVAX) from the Receiving Registry the drop-down list.
Enter the Facility ID provided by DelVAX into every field.
Click Register to begin the testing and validation process.
3. Activate your immunization integration in the Immunization Settings page
Once you have registered for integration within Practice Fusion, return to the Immunization Settings page and activate your integration.
Immediately, contact our Customer Service team to transition your practice to the DelVAX testing facility.
4. Submit immunization records directly to the DelVAX testing environment
After the Customer Service team has transitioned you to the Delaware testing environment, begin electronically transmitting immunization files using the steps below for the period of time designated by Delaware.
Go to the Immunizations section of the chart and click Transmit all. Alternatively, click the Actions button and select Transmit to state registry. Make sure all transmitted immunization files include the data fields required by DelVAX for successful message transmission. If the required fields are not completed correctly, the transmitted messages will be rejected by the registry. A checklist of required fields can be found here.
5. Submit immunization records directly to the Delaware production environment
Once Delaware has notified you that you are ready to send immunization messages to their production environment, please contact Customer Service to request to be transitioned to Production.
- You can then continue to submit immunization data to Delaware using the steps outlined in Step 4. Be sure to transmit the immunization file to the state registry for each patient whose immunization record you update.
For more information from DelVax, send an email to Cheryl.Oliver-Knight@state.de.us or Fred.Bailey@state.de.us
Please review our recorded webinar for correctly adding and transmitting immunizations to DelVAX below: